Chapter 12: Embarrassing

The very next day, I woke up feeling way batter. I was living with the leader of a gang shit. I thought that mafia was just in movies and all. Oh well, I knew that they existed, but out of so many people on earth, why did it have to be someone I know? I walked down the stairs, with only a robe on. It was translucent, so my black underwear was at full display. Who cares? I was pretty sure that Alec was not home. He was never home in the morning. I made my way to the kitchen. I had my earphones in my ears, so I stopped the music that was playing and listened. As expected, the house was quiet.

Too quiet.

Usually at this time, I would usually hear the sound of the vacuum as the maid would be cleaning the house. I frowned but still continued my way to the kitchen. I was really needing a good strong coffee. The chair that I sat on was really comfortable. Why wouldn't it be? It must have cost an arm. I pulled my hot mug closer to me, plugged my earphones again in my ears and let the music invade me. That was my small music routine. I had to do this every single morning to be able to spend a good day. I took a sip and moaned in appreciation.

It was so good.

"So why you standing over there with ya clothes on,Baby strip down for me" I started singing Rihanna's song skin. This was my song. My waist was dying to move. "Goin' take 'em off. Don't worry baby, I'mma meet you half way, 'Cause I know you wanna see me" I sang while pulling the side of my robe down, acting all sexy. I pushed my mug of coffee away from me. The beat was going to drop soon. I have always wanted to pursue a career in singing and dancing. But life decided otherwise. I have won several singing competition when I was in high school.

"Almost there,So baby don't stop what you're doing, Softer then them other" I swayed my hips, dancing around the island of the kitchen. My hair fanning all over my face when I dropped down low. "Boy I know you wanna touch, Breathing down my neck, I can tell ya wanna (sh) And now you want" I lean on the table as I sang the song. I arched my back, ran my finger from my forehead to my stomach, acting like I was in a music video.

Soon, the song was over. I clapped for myself and bowed to my imaginary audience when suddenly I heard a clap behind me. I froze. I didn't even dare to turn around to look at the intruder. My eyes trailed down my body. I was barefoot and my robe barely reached mid-thigh. I gulped in nervousness. I felt my stomach tightened at the idea of people seeing me like this. I was just praying with all my heart that it was just Debby who came to visit me.

Breathe in, Breathe out. Breathe in, Breathe out.

"Turn around so that I can see your pretty face" The man ordered. I internally cried in embarrassment. My hands flew to my face. I pushed my robe's strap back in my shoulder. The individual was having a full view of my ass.

"Really, Nora?" When I heard Vanessa's amused voice, I turned around. My eyes switched from her to the two men who were standing behind her. Alec and a younger version of Alec. I instantly knew that it was the other brother. Alec's eyes trailed over my body. I shifted on spot nervously. I walked behind the kitchen island so that they wouldn't keep on gawking.

"This is awkward" I muttered. I forced a smile on my face. Without waiting for another second, I ran out of the kitchen, then up the stairs.

Talk about embarrassing situation.

When I got in the room, I exhaled in annoyance. Why do I have to do these kind of shit to embarrass myself every-time? I stretched my body then walked to my closet. I pulled out a short dress and some clean undies. The door opened. Vanessa walked in with a big smile on her face. I glared at her while she laughed her ass off. Ignoring her, I opened one side of the drawer to pull out a clean towel.