Chapter 16: Back and In

"Miss?" I blinked several times to be able to tear me away from my horrible memories. I would lie if i say that I still didn't feel their hands on me at times. I still have nightmares about that time. The rape was something that became repetitive. It was not Jace. It was Duncan as well. I remember that Duncan would usually come by if he'd have a fight with Laura and take all his anger out on me. "Miss?" I turned my head to look at the driver who was standing by the door, looking at me with a frown on his face.

"I'm sorry" I apologised, trying to recollect myself from the flash of memories that I just got. I offered him a forced smile then got down the car. Once I was out, I stretched my shoulder before taking a deep breath. I was once again in front of Alec's mansion. I turned around to get my suitcase and the remaining of my clothes that were not destroyed but the driver shook his head while offering me a warm smile. He seemed to be in his mid-fifties. "Thank you" I thanked. I made my way back to the door, then pressed on the door bell with the hope that it was someone else and not Alec. The door opened and to my dismay, It was Alec. He motioned me to walk in. I didn't even look at him in the eyes, I simply walked pass him and went straight to the living room to sit on the couch.

"Sure, make yourself comfortable" Alec muttered sarcastically before closing the door and following me. Soon, the door opened again, and the driver walked in with my suitcases. Alec rose his eyebrows in confusion before looking at me.

"I need to talk to you" I started.

"Please do so" He said before sitting on the couch opposite mine. The driver walked out, leaving the suitcases next to the stairs.

"I need to stay here" I told him.

"I think I pretty much understood that part" Alec told him, eyeing the two suitcases that was there.

"In short, my entire life, my hard work is in these two suitcases. I don't have a safe place to stay anymore" I simply said.

"You've been attacked?" He asked, suddenly sounding alarmed.

"Yes. But not by the gang shit" I muttered. "I just happened to have an ex who is now stalking and destroying my place now" I continued.

"He destroyed your place?" He asked.

"Yes" I answered. "I don't want Vanessa to know" I continued.

"Why?" He asked.

"I have my reasons. I will just tell her that I changed my mind" I told him. "When I finally get my apartment fixed, I'll move back there" I explained.

"He will still find you though" Alec told me .

"I will deal with that later" I whispered. "I would like to apologise" I continued. "Austin made me realise that I might be a little bit to talkative and mean" I continued. Alec stopped me with one motion of his hand.

"In fact, I will be needing your help" Alec told me, making my eyes widened in surprise. "I thought about it after you left, and maybe you were right" He said while standing up and motioning me to follow him. I scoffed in complete disbelief.

"Did you just say that I am right?" I asked, making him roll his eyes. We walked up the stairs. I watched as he started rolling up his sleeves. The veins on his hands were very much visible and it was something that I have always fancied. I pulled my eyes off him and unfortunately, it landed on his ass. It seemed to be so firm.

What the hell, Nora?

"You will infiltrate their gang" Alec announced when we reached his office.

"How?" I questioned. He walked to his seat, turned it around and sat on it.

"First, you will need to know more about the gang" He explained. He seemed so formal that it make me internally roll my eyes. I decided that it was best for me to shut up and listen, instead of opening my big mouth to talk about something that was literally pointless at the moment. He pushed a red folder that was already on the table in front of me. "The Santario" he said the name with a weird accent.