Chapter 18: Are you his?

"What do you mean?" I asked Jace. My inner self was telling me to run away from that guy. She was screaming, reliving all the shit that Jace had put me in. I could feel all the memories flooding in: the good, the bad and the worst. I was here for a particular reason and I wanted to be able to at least bring something back to Alec.

If Jace doesn't kill you me first.

"I'm taking you to my place" Jace answered smoothly. I stopped walking. We were now outside the club, standing on the pavement that lead to the carpark. He turned around to look at me. There was a lot of people around. Knowing that he wouldn't dare to do something in the presence of other people, I stood there, trying to figure out what to do next without fucking this mission up and also without fucking my life up again.

"Why did you destroy my apartment?" I asked, crossing my arms. He leant against the wall, ran his hand in his hair and breathed out.

"Listen, I'm sorry for that. Yesterday, I was pissed" He said.

"Was pissed?" I questioned with a scoff. "What changed between yesterday and today?" I demanded, showing him that I was no longer the weak girl that he used to torture. Jace was not looking at me. His eyes were on the floor.

"When I got out," He started. I stopped him from talking.

"When did you get out?" I asked him.

"One week ago" He told me. He was supposed to be in jail for way longer than that. Five years were not enough for a monster like him. "When I got out, I hated you for putting me in there. You have no idea what it's like to be locked up" he breathed out.

"I have no idea what it's like to be locked up, Jace?" I laughed humourlessly. "Should I remind you that you kept me locked up in a room for one whole year?" I questioned, clenching my jaws in anger. I needed that. I needed this confrontation.

"Don't provoke him" I heard Alec through the earpiece. For the moment, I didn't give a crap about Alec talking to me.

"I was scared that you were going to leave me!" Jace suddenly shouted. His jaws were clenched and he started pacing in front of me, running his hand in his hair several times. I stood my ground. My inner self flinched at this behaviour but I didn't want to show him that I was scared. I was actually terrified of the man who was standing in front of me. "Listen Evanora, I was scared. I want you back" Jace said, quietly.

"You want me back?" I laughed at his words. "This is not happening" I continued. He walked to me, stood a few centimetres away. I could feel his breath fanning over my face. He smelled like cigarettes. I didn't move my eyes. I stared at him. Even though, I wanted to look away, I didn't. I was not going to give him that pleasure.

"You are mine" He breathed.

"And Duncan's" I added. I took a step back before smirking. "You raped me, Jace" I said through gritted teeth. I never knew that I could possibly hate him even more. Where was he having that idea that when he would come back, I would happily run back in his filthy hands? "Duncan raped me" I added. "Every single day, you and him, would walk in the apartment and use me in whichever way you'd like" I could feel my eyes starting to tear up. "You burnt me with your cigarettes, cut me with whichever sharp object you'd get, punch me, kick me and you name it all" I spat. I was actually feeling relieved. "You made me want to kill myself, Jace. I was so ready to die!" I sneered. Jace stood there without any emotion on his face. There was no regret or sadness. There was nothing. "You were taking a pleasure in torturing while all I did, was love you with all my fucking heart" I continued.

"Evanora" Jace started.

"No. I wished you were rotting in jail. I have no fucking idea why you're out. But please, if you come near me or touch any of my fucking stuff, trust me, I will fucking end you!" I snapped. I was surprised by how calm he looked. He stared at the floor before lifting his eyes to look at me.