Chapter 9: A Peek in The Past

I couldn't believe the sight that I had in front of me. Okay, putting the library aside, I think I found my other favorite place of this house. The kitchen was immense. It seemed to be untouched. On the Kitchen island, on the side, was neatly stacked a huge pile of cooking books. I kept exploring the kitchen. There were some new equipment that i didn't even know existed. He was freaking rich, wasn't he? I checked my watch and realized that it was around five in the afternoon. Maybe I should cook dinner.

I walked back to my room, picked up the white stereo and ran back to the kitchen. It was surprising that I haven't broken my neck while running down the stairs at the speed that I ran down. When I reached the kitchen, I put the music on.

That's how I like to do my stuff.

"You're asking for it back! Could you tell me where'd you get the nerve? Yeah you could say you miss all that we had" I sang the song you broke me first by Tate McRae. Each and every lyrics that I sang, was so meaningful. It made me think of my past. I have been through a lot of shit in my previous relationship. I felt goosebumps rise on my skin when my thoughts trailed into that area where I have always stopped it from going. I licked my lips, then took a deep breath to pull myself together. I got out of it with so much difficulty. Arthur and Vanessa helped me though it. I was forever grateful for that.

Four years ago.

Staring at my reflection in the mirror was a pain. My face was adorned with a black eye and a busted lip. I tied my hair in a ponytail. Tears were burning my eyes as I walked to the bathroom. He was not here. After his anger fit, he walked out of the house with the aim to 'cool' down. I took off my clothes and walked into the shower.I just wanted to get out of here. I don't even recall when was the last time I saw my loved ones.

I turned on the shower, slowly turning the knob till i reach the 'H' that was written there. I winced at the pain that I felt on my rib. That's where he punched me repeatedly. A sob escaped my mouth when I put the hot water directly on the skin. It was most probably broken. I then let the water cascade over my body, taking a little bit of pain that I was feeling. Soon, I got out of the shower, then dried myself with the towel. I was so hesitant to dry myself due to the pain that I was constantly feeling all over my body.

"Eva" Jace always called me Eva. He said that he didn't want to be like 'everyone else'. He was not like everyone else. He was a living monster and I was living with him for one whole year. "Evanora" he called again. I wrapped the towel around me. I was scared. I could hear him walking to the room. I never knew what to expect with him. The fear of taking more blows, was very much present. I didn't answer and I knew that might be one thing that might infuriate him. "Eva love" he called again. I knew that he was now calmed.

Jace was calmed down. But I still had that pain, whether it was physical or mental. "In here" I answered weakly. His steps were nearing and at the same time my heart was racing. How long was i supposed to live like this? How long was I supposed to live in fear? Jace was the man who I was supposed to love with all my heart. When he walked in the bathroom, I didn't dare to rise my face to look at him. He walked to me, wrapped his arms around me from behind. His chin rested on my shoulder. He pulled the towel off me and let it fall on the floor. He was looking at my body in appreciation.

He loves these marks that he put on me.

"I'm sorry" He whispered in my ears.I gulped and nodded slightly. Did i have the choice to do otherwise without getting beaten up? He slowly turned my around and pulled a bouquet of flower from behind him. "My anger got the best of me" He muttered, sounding disappointed with himself. My hands shook in fear when I took the flowers from him.