Chapter 7: Attack

Bang!

Bang!

Remy and I pulled away from each other. These two loud sounds were like two... shots.

Gun Shots.

I could hear some men yelling in a different language. I could hear them running all over the house. I couldn't process what was happening. Remy pulled me off the table and we ran in the direction where there seem to be no one. "What is happening?" I asked. I was scared. We walked through the back door of the kitchen, ran in yard and hid behind some bushes. Remy motioned me to stay quiet.

"We need to go to the front to see what's happening?" Remy said.

"What if they are pranking us?" I asked him in disbelief. Remy shook his head, then took my hand in his.

"We're not taking any risks" He simply told. Just as we were about to stand up from behind the bush, the light of the kitchen went on. We saw three men, heavily armed with guns, walk in. We quickly sat back down. This couldn't be a joke. The thought that all my friends were inside, with these men, were tormenting me at that point.

"We need to help them" I ushered. Remy turned to look at me as If I have grew two more heads.

"Have you lost your mind?" He asked in complete shock. I glared at him, trying to ignore the fact that if my heart could jump off my rib-cage and run away, it would. I didn't want to argue with him. I knew what I had to do. I went on my knees and peeked to see if the men were still in the kitchen. When I saw that they were nowhere to be seen, I turned to look at Remy.

"I'm going to monitor their movements. When I will beckon you to run to the front of the house, you do so" I explained. "You stay behind the shed. You hide there" I continue. "I will be just behind you" Remy shook his head.

"You go first" He urged. I glared at him. I would never be able to run away, knowing that I was leaving my friends in any danger.

"Listen, we're not in a fucking movie. There is most probably an attack going on!" I exclaimed. "I am petite in size compared to you! I'm pretty sure that if it was you peeking, your watermelon-sized head would have been easily seen through these bushes. So for once, shut the fuck up and do what I say" I snapped. Remy took a deep breath, then simply nodded.

"I'll call for help" He simply said. By the look on his face, I knew that he was suppressing his annoyance towards me. I gently peeked again. My eyes went from windows to windows to see whether there was any danger.

None detected.

I motioned Remy to run. And to my relief, he did. He crouched to the floor and sped to the side of the house where he wouldn't be seen. I smiled at him, them gestured him to keep on going. The frown in his face, showed me that he was actually worried. He ran to the shed, and soon, he was out of sight. I looked at the kitchen door. I needed to help them. When I was about to run back into the house, Cassandra's voice attracted my attention.

"Oh my God" She sobbed. I quickly looked around to see if I could locate her. "What the hell is happening?" Her voice came out as croaky and scared.

"Shut the fuck up" I frowned when I recognized that voice.

That was Alec.

The voice was coming from... the balcony. I rose my head to see both of them standing on the balcony. They were standing on the edge, their back stuck to the wall, trying to hide. Cassandra was missing her clothes while Alec has no shirts on. I rolled my eyes.

Typical Cassandra.

"Cass!" I whispered call. Her eyes widened and she looked around for me. I gently waved my hand from the bush. When I got her attention, she started sobbing. Alec turned his head and glared at her.