Chapter 23: Vulnerability

"Alec!" I called as I made myself comfortable on the couch. It was around ten at night. As I knew that I didn't want to go to sleep early, I decided that it was best to watch a movie. Knowing that Alec was in the kitchen, I decided to ask him if he would like to join me.

"Yes" he simple responded faintly. Soon, I heard his footsteps directing themselves to the living room.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked him, pulling the blanket closer to me. Alec walked in the room, his laptop was in his arms. His suit was still on him. His eyes drifted from me to the T.V.

"What are you watching?" He asked me.

"Why don't you choose?" I suggested. Alec eyed me suspiciously. Why wouldn't he? A few hours ago, i was arguing with him and now I was talking to him normally. He then walked to the couch where I was sitting. He lifted the blanket that I was covering myself with, then got under it as well. Why was he sitting so close to me? I watched as he put his laptop on his laps. I quickly shook my head. "No" I said and mentioned him to close his laptop.

"What?" He questioned, his frown making him look a little but older.

"We're watching a movie. Why are you using your laptop?" I asked.

"Work" He simply responded as if it was pretty obvious.

"No" I said again. "There is a time for work and a time for fun" I said, making him scoff.

"As per what I heard from my sister, you would barely find time for fun , as you say" He muttered. I pouted, actually thinking about it, then nodded.

"That was a long time ago" I told him.

"You mean, before the attack?" He asked.

"Yes"

"That was a month ago" he dead panned. I rolled my eyes, then reached for his laptop, then I pulled it from him before putting it on the side table. He didn't resist or argue. He took his suit and his shirt off, not caring about my opinion, then followed by taking his pants off.

"What are you doing?" I asked in exasperation.

"Making myself comfortable" he answered. He was now with just his boxers on. I decided not to say anything. It was his house after-all and I didn't mind having such a sight in front of me. I threw my legs on his lap, made myself comfortable too. I offered him a sheepish smile. He didn't pushed my legs off. Weirdly enough, he pulled my legs closer to him so that they wouldn't fall on the floor. I threw the remote at him and turned on my side so that I would be able to watch the TV. I ignored the fact that his eyes quickly went to my ass that was simply popped in his direction because of the seat he chose to settled himself in.

"Stop looking" I mumbled, pulling the blanket to cover my ass. Alec cleared his throat. I could feel his fingers running up and down my bare skin. I knew that he was doing that unconsciously. With his other hand, he chose a movie and put it one. When I saw the title, I grinned. "Fifty shades of grey?" I questioned.

"Why not?" He asked back. I didn't bother replying and simply watched the movie play. Alec's both hands were now on my legs, tracing and drawing little circles, making goosebumps rise on my skin.

"You're tickling me" I chuckled lightly.

"Your skin is so soft" He randomly mentioned. I turned to look at him. The movie didn't seem to be the thing that was distracting him. I seemed to be his distraction. "Why do you hate me?" My eyes widened at his sudden question. I sat up, my legs still on him but my back leaning against the pillow that was behind me.

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion. He rose his head. His eyes met mine and all I could see was vulnerability. I gulped before pushing my hair off my face.