Chapter 34: Que Sera, Sera

The day passed by really quickly. It was late at night when I walked in the living room to see Alec sitting on the couch with his head resting against the edge. His eyes were closed. He didn't have his shirt on. He had his pants on. I cleared my throat to attract his attention. He opened his eyes slightly when he saw me, he tried to sat properly. He didn't seem good. I frowned as I walked in.

"You don't look good" I concluded.

"You don't say" he drawled sarcastically. I stared at him quizzically. Where did that tone come from? I walked to him then touched his forehead. He frowned, most probably not expecting that action from me.

"You have fever" I told him.

"You don't say" he drawled again. I glared at him then put my hands on my hips.

"You're being sarcastic to the only person who can make you feel better" I muttered with one rose eyebrow. A smirk appeared on his face and his eyes opened even more.

"Make me feel better?" He asked suggestively making me huff in annoyance.

"I mean take care of you!" I exclaimed while shaking my head.

"Can you keep your voice low? My head is aching as fuck" Alec swore as his hand moved to his forehead.

"You mean that low!" I shouted, just as a payback.

"You want to be killed" he snapped. I laughed then walked out of the living room.

"Did you take any medicine?" I asked loud enough for him to hear.

"I don't need those" he responded. I rolled my eyes. The boss of a mafia gang doesn't need medicine? I guess they're not human.

Judging by his bed skill, he was a beast.

Ouh. You dirty mind.

I shook my head then walked to the kitchen. I opened several drawers before finally realising that I should have simply looked into the First Aid Box. I took two panadols and a glass of water before making my way to the living room again. I could hear a soft snore. Having no pity at all, I walked to Alec and before waking him up, I unwillingly drank in the person in front of me. He looked tired but even in his tiredness, he looked good. His hair was messy due to the amount of time he must have run his hand in his hair. Below his eyes, dark circles were staring to appear and his nose was lightly red. I took a deep breath before shaking him. Alec groaned before opening his eyes.

"What?" He asked weakly.

"I think you're dying" I told him teasingly.

"You're so reassuring" Again with his sarcasm, he sat up. I handed him the panadol and the glass of water. With a sigh, he took them. He then handed the empty glass again. I put it on the table then sat next to him.

"Don't you think you should put a shirt on?" I questioned. He turned his head to look at me. He was resting his head against the couch edge still.

"Am I disturbing you with my good looks?" He asked faintly with a smirk.

Yes.

"No" I scoffed. "You're sick. It's cold and the best thing you do is take your shirt off" I told him.

"I was hot" he told me.

"And now?" I asked, staring at the goosebumps rising on his skin.

"I'm cold" he responded defeatly. With a sigh, I smiled.

"Let's get you in bed, Boss Mafia" I sang while shaking my head. I stood up then started walking to my room and he did the same without any protest. "I can't believe that you're letting a fever get over you so easily" I snorted. I turned to look at him as he was following me up the stairs. He was glaring at me. I poked his nose before continuing my way to the room.