Chapter 27: Heated Conversation

As Alec drove off to I don't know where, I refrained myself from turning to look at him. His jaws' clenching and unclenching were making reluctant to open my mouth to wven ask him what actually happened that roughed up his mood. I knew that he didn't even turn his head to look at me.

Why would I even expect him to give a shit about me?

I stared out of the window, contemplating the beautiful scenery that we were driving past. Now I was seriously asking myself some questions. These areas were far from we lived in. I pulled my phone out of my pocket, then stared at the time. He had been driving for the past thirty minutes. I could see that we werre getting far from the city.

"Where are we going?" I asked him finally, ego filled in my tone. Everything inside me was yelling at me for speaking to him first but I needed to know what was the plans.

"Now you want to know?" Alec scoffed, his eyes not leaving the road. The road was completely deserted. Trees were adorning the side of the roads and I absolutely loved that scene. The looks made everything seem so peaceful. There was no will in me to make a scene and ruin that right now.

"Where are we going, Alec?" I asked again in my oh-so-calming voice.

"We'll be staying on my ranch for the next few weeks" he grumbled. My eyes widened at his words.

"And you decided for me?" I questioned in pure disbelief.

"What do you mean?" He asked, a frown forming on his face.

"What if I didn't want to go with you?" I asked him, crossing my arms over my breasts.

"You don't have the choice, Evanora" Alec breathed while shaking his head. "We have an insider who told us that the rivals are planning an attack" he explained. I blinked several times, then leant back in my seat.

"Planning an attack against you?" I asked. He nodded, then turned slightly to look at me.

"Your ex got to know that you worked for us" Alec then added. My eyes switched to him so quickly that I could feel my head spinning slightly. Registering the words that he just said was taking a little bit of times.

"Jace?" I stupidly questioned, making Alec nod.

"The infiltration mission went wrong. They captured two of our men and got informations out of them" Alec said.

"What informations?" I asked sternly. Fear was running through my veins. Jace was certainly going to come after me. One thing that he had always hated was treachery.

"They know that you have been living with me for protection. They know that we used you to get informations out of Jace" he told me as he turned his steering wheel to the left. I opened the window, letting the air wash my face.

"What is the plan?" I asked him quietly.

"The plan is that no one gets to know about your whereabouts" Alec explained.

"My whereabouts?" I asked.

"They are looking for you, Evanora" Alec said.

They are looking for me?

"But why?" I gasped in annoyance. Alec simply shrugged. He simply shrugged! I inhaled deeply, trying to calm all my nerves. "Why are they looking for me, Alec?" I questioned again, trying to control myself.

"Because they think that we are dating, Evanora" He breathed as if it was totally obvious. I clenched my jaw, lean my head outside and took a deep breath.

"Jace went to tell them, isn't it?" I asked.

"You are so smart at times" Alec snappes, sarcasm coating his words.