Chapter 20: Room Mate

"Evanora! Wake the fuck up" I could feel someone shaking me up. My eyes went wide open and I was gasping for air. I held onto the arm that was next to me. My face was wet from the tears that were running down my face and the next thing I knew, I started crying. I pulled my legs to me, buried my face between my arms and cried all my tears out. I knew that Alec was standing next to me.

"I can't" I cried. I rose my head to look at him. For the first time in my life, I could see sadness in Alec's eyes. The frown that was present on his face showed worry. He sat on the bed, without saying a word. "I'm sorry" I sobbed. I wiped my face with the back of my hand. The tears kept on running down my face.

"It was just a nightmare" He told me. His voice was calming. At that moment, I took a good look at him. His hair was messy and he didn't have a shirt on. He was wear shorts on. He looked sleepy. "You were screaming" he told me. He then ran his hand in his hair, before taking a deep breath.

"They were not nightmares" I breathed out, trying to control my sobs. "They were memories. They were memories that I have been trying so hard to forget" I told him. I felt like I needed to talk and he was the only one that was here at the moment.

"Do you want to tell me about it?" He asked me. I shook my head, wiped my tears and closed my eyes.

"I am so tired" I told him. Alec stood up, then paced around the room. He seemed to be in some deep thoughts. He was most probably thinking about going to bed. "Go to sleep" I whispered loud enough for him to hear. "You must be tired" I continued.

"I'm going to sleep here" He suddenly said. My eyes widened when he walked to the bed. I was not going to sleep on the same bed as him. When he got one of the pillows, I breathed in relief. He settled himself on the couch. I tilted my head to look at the man who was in front of me. There was something about him that was intriguing me.

"You can go sleep in your room, Alec" I told him, feeling bad that he might wake up with a sore back.

"I'm good" He simply responded.

"Why are you sleeping here?" I asked genuinely curious.

"To be honest, no fucking idea" He said while closing his eyes. I got off the bed, went to the closet and pulled an extra blanket that was in there. I walked to Alec, watched as he opened his eyes to look at me. His green eyes were so hypnotising. I blinked several times to be able to focus on why the hell I was standing in front of him.

"I don't want you to catch a cold" I simply said and threw the blanket on him.

"I don't get sick" He said, making me scoff. "Thank you" he then added hesitantly.

"I should be thanking you, Alec" I told him before getting in the bed. "Good night" I said, before closing my eyes.

"Good night" he mumbled back.

I had no idea why Alec would be sleeping the couch when he had his own warmed up bed in this house. I was grateful that he pulled me out of that sordid memory that I was having. Deep down, I knew that seeing Jace again, would bring up some memories that I had train my mind to bury. Unfortunately, I couldn't control my mind when I was sleeping. I sighed in exasperation before pulling the blanket on me. The fact that I had a sexy man, sleeping in my room, on the couch was not helping me to sleep. It didn't take long for me to hear soft snores coming from the couch. Well, Alec Sin was a fast sleeper. I sat on my bed. The lights were on, so I could see Alec when he was sleeping. He seemed so peaceful. The blanket stopped by his waist, making his tattoos at full display. I unconsciously bit my lips. I don't remember the last time a man has such an effect on me. I pulled my phone from under my pillow to see that it was one in the morning. Knowing that Vanessa was most probably up at this time, I dialled her number. It didn't have the chance to ring that she has already answered the call.