Chapter 9

"What the...When...When did you get back?" I asked him, shocked by his presence when he told me two hours ago that he still had to stay a few more days on his business trip.

"When did you come back?" He mimicked me in a high-pitched voice "Really, sugar? I could not avoid you any longer! But why are you now so afraid? You told me on the phone that you missed me, so here I am, and you don't even hug me to say hello!" He responded with a wicked smirk.

I mumbled, glancing away from him, "I..."

When he began to slowly walk toward me, I had to step back until my back was pressed against the wall because I could feel my cheeks turning red. He grabbed my thighs and lifted me, causing me to wrap my legs around his waist. Then he whispered seductively as he slowly ran his nose across my face, down my throat, and into my ear:
"Baby, it's so hard for me to keep from fucking you hard against this wall right now!"He let me feel the effect I had on him by pressing his front between my legs, which made me gasp. "But don't worry; I won't do that, so don't be afraid of me! I won't do anything you don't want me to, even if I said I would! However, I am still unable to control my attraction to you! I missed you so mind-blowingly much, baby! I'm sorry, I ignored you!" he said in my hair, softly.

His words caused me to feel my heart break. Oh, my Lord, his scent made me feel so dizzy, and if he didn't hold me, I would be on my knees because my feet wouldn't listen to me. It was so good to feel his warm body again.

I repeated his name, "I...Raffael," which elicited a soft growl from him.

Before he let me down and left, he finally chuckled, allowing me to miss his warmth.

"Now," he said as he threw himself onto the couch, his ankle on one knee, arms outstretched and head held high. "Tell me, why on earth are you wearing that?" He gave me up-and-down gazes.

He would have known why Felix tried to take advantage of me if I had responded so I didn't.

"Monique!"I shuddered at the stately words he spoke.

"Do you think you have the right to ask me questions after you haven't spoken to me for more than one fucking mount?"I narrowed my emeralds at him.

"You fucking told me we should stop, so that's what I did!" He also narrowed his silver ones in response.

"Yes, but I did not request that you ignore me, to act as though I'm not here!" I turned my attention away from him. "At least you could talk to me!"

"Monique, what do you want?" I could tell he was furious because he called me by my name.

He got up from the sofa again and came toward me, grabbed my chin, and forced me to look into his piercing icy eyes, which arrowed deep within my soul, making me lose my courage.

"I already told you I'm sorry, but I can't pretend that you are here working for me or there in MY FUCKING HOUSE,..." he said "...and to stay away from you! Consequently, I decided to fucking ignore you, which, trust me, was hard as fuck! Tell me, then, what you need from me." He tilted his head.

"I have no idea what I want!" I managed to say it with a soft bite on my low lip.

He released it with his thumb before grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the club.

"I want you to figure it out until we get home!" When we got to the car He gently pushed me onto the passenger seat, closed the door, and walked around it to get in too.

On the way back, there was silence once again. Because he was so tense that I could see his knuckles turning white from the force with which he was squeezing the steering wheel, I assumed that he was as clueless as I was regarding how to start a conversation.