Chapter 14

Monique'pov

I got into bed after Anais had left because I needed to calm down. I was enraged with Raffael. He was never honest with me about his feelings for me, so I had to teach him a lesson. He needed to see that he had no power over me. He had no authority.
I had no choice but to confront him or go insane.

"I'm sorry, Anais." I said this as I got out of bed and went to the bathroom, where I discovered Anais's makeup bag.

I finished applying my makeup and pulled my hair back into a high ponytail before heading back to the closet.

"I hope you won't mind if I borrow your clothes." I continued my statement as I looked for something to wear.

I was fortunate that she had clothing and shoes in my size. I called an Uber after finally finding a stunning silver bare-back dress, silver stilettos, and a black purse in which to store my phone and credit card.

It was crowded when I arrived at the club, making entry difficult. The volume of the music made my stomach vibrate.

"What the hell is going on?"

I was furious when I discovered that my job had been taken by another girl.
I crept through the crowd to Raffael's office, ready to confront him. He had to explain things to me because he couldn't treat me like that. As I walked down the dim corridor toward the office, I could hear a loud moan that grew louder and
louder. When I realized the groans were coming from within, it felt like someone had stabbed me in the heart. I began to quiver and thought I was going to cry, so I tightly closed my eyes to keep the tears at bay.

"Monique, don't even think about it! He does not deserve your tears!"

I swung around and went to the bar.

"Nobody can stop me from having a good time tonight! Not even a fucking murderer!"

"Monique, what the fuck is wrong with you? So, what did I say? Do you want us both to die?" Anais chastised me for sitting on the edge of the bar.

"Give me something strong!" I said this while ignoring her questions.

She poured me some tequila in a small glass, which caused me to look at it and then back at her, grimacing, "One bottle!" I raised an eyebrow once more.

"You ought to be at home!" If Raffael sees you in here, he'll kill us both!" She said this as she handed me an unopened bottle of tequila.

"Raffael is free to fuck himself!" I screamed angrily. "But wait a minute! He can't because he's already fucking someone!" I drank a full mouthful of the burning liquid after opening the bottle.

"Monique, you're right! You should go back! You can bring the bottle with you! You are not required to pay for it, but please-"

I cut her off before she could finish. "No! Anais, I'll pay for it and I'll fucking stay! He has no idea what I should do!"

I was already dizzy from drinking the tequila too quickly. I could see her lips moving, but I couldn't understand what she
was saying.

"I'm going dancing!" I finally said it, blowing her a kiss as I walked toward the dance floor, Anais staring at me with wide eyes.

Raffael's pov

"She is what?" When Anais told me that Monique was at the club, I became enraged.

I cut her call and looked through the glass wall of my private room to see Monique in the middle of the dance floor, sensually waving her hips, a worm stuck against her back, touching her body in ways that only I
was supposed to do.