chapter 24

Monique's pov

I was sick of his demeanor.I was tired of him treating me like a sex toy. I was tired of him only using me when he was turned on. That's why I knew I had to hold him accountable. To make him feel what I was feeling and to demonstrate to him that I was not his sex slave.I exited the bathroom and made my way to the bar, where I noticed Raffael's friend watching me. With his head, he told him something and mentioned me to him. I just couldn't care less.

"What can I get you, beautiful?" the bartender asked, a smirk on his face.

"May I please have a double martini?" I inquired sweetly as well.

"Sure! Right away! "He winked and handed me the glass. "Anything else? As for my phone number?"

"No, thanks!" As I sipped my martini, I smiled.

After finishing my drink, I felt a little dizzy (or maybe more) and wanted more, so I asked the bartender to pour me another glass. As he did, another man approached the bar. He was very attractive. Not as much as Raffael, but still.

He was tall, about 6 feet tall, with a well-toned body, black hair, short on the sides and a little longer on top, black eyes, long dark lashes, tan skin, and a dark beard

He was tall, about 6 feet tall, with a well-toned body, black hair, short on the sides and a little longer on top, black eyes, long dark lashes, tan skin, and a dark beard. I noticed a large tattoo on the right side of his neck, with a portion of it hidden beneath the collar of his black shirt.

"May I help you?" he asked, sipping his drink without looking at me.

"N-no!" I mumbled, unable to speak clearly.

"Then why are you studying me?" he asked, turning his head to look at me.

"I'm sorry! Because you're hot!"
I replied with a smirk, the alcohol in my system giving me more confidence.

"Girl, pay attention! You should not speak to me! I know you're here with Raffael, and I don't want any problems! You should now return to your man!"

"Raffael isn't my man!" I approached him and ran my index finger across his chest."I am free to do whatever I want! And I'd appreciate it if you didn't associate me with that asshole!"

"That asshole, huh?That asshole is one of my good friends and partners and half an hour ago, it didn't seem like he isn't your man!" he grinned, flashing his pearly white teeth.

I turned bright red.

"Yeah..well..."

"You should go back to him, or I'll call him myself and tell him about this!" he said solemnly as he took my hand away from him. "And believe me, you will not like it!"

"Or, perhaps, we can go somewhere private!"

I bit my lip and tried to touch him again, but he grabbed my hand with his and raised the other one, still looking into my eyes, and mentioned to someone to come to him. Raffael appeared next to me in an instant, looking so dangerous that I could almost feel the daggers he was hurling at me.