Chapter 15

Monique's pov

I awoke the next morning with a severe headache in an unfamiliar bedroom.All I could recall was leaving the club after my altercation with Raffael and trying to call an Uber before everything went black. I couldn't recall how I got there, as if my memory had been erased.I rolled out of bed and looked around the apartment, hoping to see someone there who could help me remember what I did the night before, but there was no one. Instead, I discovered an envelope containing a debit card with my name on it and some keys. When I looked at the account, I was shocked.There was a ton of money— I mean, there was so much money that I could continue to live a respectable life for many years.Again, I looked around the apartment.There was everything I needed there, plus some more.After taking a shower, I headed to find the landlord. When I arrived at his office, a young brunette welcomed me and informed me that while he was currently busy, she would be happy to assist me if I needed anything.

"All I want to know is who lives in apartment 364!" I smiled as brightly as I could.

"Well, Miss! I can't tell you because this is too confident!"

"Yes, I realize that, but the reason I'm asking is that I have the keys!I had a terrible night and have no memory of it!I just woke up here this morning, and all I want to know is who owns this apartment!Please help me; I'm terrified right now!I don't want the owner to come in and question me!Even worse, I don't even know them."I told the truth.

" Okay, so the apartment was recently rented by Monique Horne!"

"I see! How recently do you mean when you say "recently"?"

"It was yesterday morning! It was rented yesterday morning! Miss, you can go back if you want to wait for the owner because you have the keys. Please let me know if you require any additional assistance." She appeared irritated already.

"I apologize for wasting your time, miss..."

"Camelia!"

"Miss Camelia, my name is Monique Horne, and all I want to know is who did this, who rented an apartment in my name?"

"I'm sorry, Miss Horne, but I'm not permitted to provide you with this information. You should not be
concerned, however. This person paid your rent for the next five years. And the utilities, so you'll be living here for free. Welcome to Miami!" She gave a wink.

"Wait! What?" I exclaimed and looked out the window.

I could only see sand and the beautiful ocean. That was unbelievable to me. Raffael had done that, I knew it, but
why?Is there a reason he would send me so far away while renting an apartment in Miami under my name?I considered leaving before, but every time I was in front of him, I changed my mind.This time, however, it was for real.

I went to my bedroom and tried to phone him, but he had blocked my number. I put the phone on the nightstand and put my hands over my face. Inside my chest, I felt a painful void. Despite being aware of Raffael's high level of danger and his poor treatment of me, his absence hurt like hell. He taught me how to love a man, even though he was the only man I could ever love. I just couldn't see myself with anyone else.

Raffael's pov

"Everything is accomplished, sir!"

Later that evening, after he had left Monique for the flat I had paid for, Mariano returned. I was unsure of its location. I paid the rent for five years after he simply told me he had found a decent one for her. I didn't want her to experience financial difficulty once more. I wanted her to be happy. Now I could deal with the Danish mafia without worrying that they would harm my Queen. Even though I already missed her, I had to concentrate on my tasks.