Chapter 38

The next morning, I awoke to suffocate heat. My clothes were drenched in sweat that wouldn't stop pouring down my body, and I couldn't breathe. Raffael had already left, so I lazily rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom. After removing my wet clothes, I let the cold water run over my warm body without moving, allowing my body to relax.

After showering, I changed into black jeans and a white tank top, pulled my hair back into a ponytail, applied mascara and gloss, then put on my white shoes and went downstairs to the kitchen where I found Anais, who informed me that Raffael had left to attend to his business.

I spent the entire month in the same manner. I went out with Anais on occasion, and sometimes with Raffael, but he was always busy with business. He had to travel to other cities frequently and had little time for himself. He occasionally took me on trips, but most of the time he left me at home with Anais. He came home tired and tense, so I helped him relax as best I could, but even then, we barely managed to talk because he would fall asleep instantly after we had sex.

Raffael had not brought up the subject of the wedding in two months, and I was beginning to be disappointed, but I didn't say anything about it either. He'd been gone for two weeks, and I'd missed him terribly.

My phone started ringing while I was lying in bed.

"Yes?" I replied hoarsely.

"Hi, gorgeous!" I heard my favorite voice, the voice that always comforted me.

"Finally, Satan! It was time to call me!" I became enraged.

"I know, my dear! I know, my love! I've been very busy! I barely had time to breathe, if you believe me!"

"Yeah, baby, I know, but I miss you so much!"

"Me too, sweetheart! Listen..."

"Since I was born!" I exclaimed ironically.

"Baby! Let me finish..."

"Can I help you?" I replied again, this time lowering my voice tone.

"Monique, I'm trying to talk about something serious with you, but you're distracting me... Stop! I already miss you!" He growled menacingly.

"Ok! Go on!"

"I don't want any more! Done now!" He snarled at me.

"Honey..." "...You made me curious!" I muttered.

"Ok...listen...

"You must drive to the city "He demanded.

"Why?" I wondered.

"You'll see!"

"Ok!" I said before hanging up.

I got ready, got in my car, and drove away. Raffael guided me over the phone until I arrived in front of a large and opulent structure!

"Sir, I'm here! So, what now?" I inquired.

"Take a look in the back seat! What do you see?"

"A big box?!" I responded with a frown.

"Exactly! Anything else? "He asked me once more.

"Hmmm...nets, a purse, and a shoe box! What's the deal, babe? What are you up to?" Curious, I inquired.

"Good! Perfect! Take all of them and enter the building! "He placed his order without answering my questions.

"Why?" I questioned him suspiciously.

"Do as I say! I have to get off the phone now! "He finally said and hung up on me.

I did as he instructed. I had barely entered the building when a group of women jumped on me and took my luggage.