Chapter 7: A Strange Dream

After X defeated Vortex Merman and saved Mermaid Falls, X and Shantae went home to Scuttle Town to relax. After that long fight, X was resting in his recharge capsule while Sky, Rottytops and Shantae were taking a bath in the Bathhouse talking about the Maverick that X fought and the armor that X used to defeat that Maverick.

Rottytops: No way, so you actually met a maverick Shantae?

Shantae: Yeah, his name was Vortex Merman, and he said he was one of the Mavericks of Sequin Land

Sky: Like the Barons of Sequin Land?

Shantae: Exactly, and he tried to kill the Giga Mermaid and he tried to kill me.

Rottytops: That's must have been scary Shantae!

Shantae: Yeah it was, but X saved the Giga Mermaid and me and he equipped this armor called the Light Armor and then Vortex Merman didn't stand a chance!

Sky: Wow in that armor, X must be tough!

Shantae: Yeah he was, he had a hard to trying to kill X! But in the end Vortex Merman was defeated and X won the fight, and X got this special weapon called Aquatic Vortex.

Rottytops: Wow! He has the ability to take enemies power and use it as his own?

Shantae then started blushing while talking about X.

Shantae: Yeah, he's really strong, but when I'm in his arms and looking at him, I have a feeling that I can't describe, but I wonder what it is...

Sky: *Evil grinning*

Rottytops: *Evil Grinning*

Sky: You have a crush on him don't you Shantae?

Shantae: What!?! I mean I like him but I don't have a crush on him!

Rottytops: Hehe, whatever you say snackcakes!

Shantae: *Intense Blushing*

Meanwhile back at Shantae's house, X is resting in his capsule after that long fight, he started to have a strange dream and woke up in a magical hallway.

X: Hello? Anyone here?

???: X, come closer....

X then heard a mysterious voice and followed it until he got inside a room where he saw ladies with there lower half was magical smoke.

X: (What the heck!? These girls don't have legs! Wait, could they be real genies!?!)

Guardian Genie: Greetings X, we are the Guardian Genies of this world.

X: Guardian Genies? Like Dr. Light told me about?

Guardian Genie 2: Yes we know Dr. Light, he was a very kind and wise man.

X: I can't believe that all of you met Dr. Light! I wish that I got to spend more time with him...

X was sad that he didn't get to have much time with Dr. Light, so the Genies asked him a question.

Guardian Genie: So do you know Shantae?

X: Yeah I know her, her and I are really good friends.

Guardian Genie 3: Well believe it when we tell you this, Shantae saved this realm from being corrupted, if she had not saved our realm, she would have forced to destroy it.

X: She saved this realm? That's amazing!

???: Indeed, I love her so much.

X: Huh?

X turned around to find a genie who looked just like Shantae, only older and X was surprised.

X: You look like Shantae, only older. Wait are you Shantae's Mother?

Arianna: Indeed I am, I'm Arianna.

X: This is incredible! I'm actually meeting Shantae's Mother!

Arianna: X, when you and Shantae first met, you saved my daughter multiple times, you have a heart none of us has ever seen before.

X: It's my duty to make sure everyone is safe and unharmed and it's also my duty to protect my friends and all the people.

Guardian Genie 4: Should we tell X Arianna?

Arianna: Yes, X if that is your duty, then I have a special duty to assign you.

Arianna then placed her hands gently on X's face and looked at him in the eyes.

Arianna: Please X, Protect my daughter from all kinds of harm and danger.

X: I promise Arianna, I'll protect Shantae with all of my life!

Arianna: Thank you X.

Then the Genie Realm started to disappear and X was shocked of what was happening.

X: Arianna, what's happening?

Arianna: The dream is ending.

X: Will I see you all again?

Arianna: Yes, if fate is on our side we will meet again, goodbye X, please protect Shantae.

The dream ended and X woke up he looked up at the roof and quenched his fist tightly in confidence.

X: Even if it costs me my life, I won't let you down Arianna, I promise!