Chapter 25: Nightmare in Sequin Land

It was night and the dead of dawn, Shantae and X were sleeping peacefully in the bed together while cuddling with each other. Then they heard a scream in the town, they immediately woke up, got ready and to see what was going on.

Shantae: Sky what's going on!?

X: We heard screaming!

Sky: It's not us were okay, the the townspeople haven't slept for hours!

Zero: We asked them all what they don't wanna go back to sleep, and all they said was "NO, IM NOT GOING BACK TO SLEEP!! THERE'S NO WAY I'M HAVING THAT NIGHTMARE AGAIN!!" And that's all they said.

Dr. Cain: The best way I can explain this phenomenon, is everyone is having a nightmare that makes them have a huge fear of going to sleep, but if we can find out what is causing all of this and stop it, they people wouldn't have bad dreams anymore!

Rottytops: Guys!

Poe: Over here!

Abner: Come on!

The zombie siblings ran to Team Shantae and Team X and told them what was happening.

Rottytops: Okay so here's what happened, me, Anber and Poe were drinking dark roast coffee to stay up, until we heard Hypno Baron casting some sort of spell!

Abner: We think that he's the one behind all of this.

Poe: And he's planning to re-summon the Creature of Unspeakable Horror!

Shantae/Rottytops/Bolo/Poe/Abner/Sky: *Sigh* Which is also known as Squid Bar-

X/Zero/Axl/Alia: CREATURE OF UNSPEAKABLE HORROR!?!?

X: we gotta stop it before it's too late!

Zero: Or else GOD KNOWS WHAT IT WILL DO!!

Axl: Come on let's go!!

Alia: We haven't got a second to lose!!

Shantae: Wait!! The Creature of Unspeakable Horror is just Squi-

Abner: Just let them find out, they'll be disappointed.

Shantae: Anyways we still gotta stop Hypno Baron!

Sky/Rottytops/Bolo: Right!

Team Shantae followed Team X all the way to Hypno Baron's Castle.

Team X finally made it to Hypno Baron's Castle and boy they were tired.

X: Here.. we.. are..

Team Shantae came flying in with Giga Wrench, they landed, got off and Wrench turned back to normal.

Sky: You know I could of just given you a ride right?

Axl: Rides are for cowards! We're men!

Bolo: Don't say we didn't warn ya!

X charged up his X-Buster and shot the door open and Team X and Team Shantae went inside. Everyone had to fight Slime Gals, Spiders, and even Ghosts. Zero slashed through his enemies, Shantae whipped her hair at them, X shot them all down, and the everyone else was keeping them at bay. They were walking down a huge hallway and they darkness flashed, and then a shadowy figure appeared.

X: Who are you!?

Alia: What are you?!

The figure then teleported to Shantae, Rottytops, Sky and Bolo, He took out his retractable swords from his hands and slashed Shantae, Sky, Bolo and Rottytops behind the back and then snapped his fingers and laughed like a madman before disappearing.