Chapter 20: The Freezing Investigation

One day, X woke up and saw Scuttle Town started to turn to ice, X went to his friends to see what was going on.

Rottytops: Brrrrr... it's cold!

X: Guys? What's happening?

Sky: Scuttle Town is turning to ice, it's never been this cold here!

Alia, Zero, and Axl saw their friends and ran to them, they were not bothered by the cold since they were reploids and could heat themselves up.

Zero: Maybe it's just a bad snow day.

Shantae: That's the problem! It rarely snows in Scuttle Town!

X: AVIAS! can you check what's going on?

AVIAS: This isn't good Master X! The temperatures are below freezing! If we don't figure out what's going on, everyone and everything in this huge part of Sequin Land is going to die of Hypothermia!

Shantae: We have to *sneezes* something quick then!

AVIAS: But there is good news! The source of where it's coming from is from an island with nothing but ice and snow!

Shantae: Frostbite Island!

X: Then we gotta go, but before that, Zero head to Mermaid Falls and try to keep the mermaids warm! Just say your a friend of mine!

Zero: Okay I'm on it!

Zero light teleported to Mermaid Falls
And X continued to state out the plan.

X: Axl and Alia, work together to keep everyone in Scuttle Town warm! Me and Shantae's will try to figure out what's going on!

Axl: Okay!

Alia: You can count on us!

X: Okay Shantae are you ready?

Shantae: I'm Ret-2-Go!

Shantae grabbed X's hand and they light teleported to Frostbite Island to find out what was going on.

Shantae and X got to Frostbite Island and as soon as they got their, Shantae started to shiver up a storm.

Shantae: Brrrrr! It freezing here! I take burning sand or hot lava any day over this!

X activated the Magma Dragoon Schematics and hugged Shantae and started to warm her up with the heat he was producing.

X: Feeling better?

Shantae: Aaaahhh! Much better, thanks X.

X: So how have you been on this island?

Shantae: For 2 hours, why?

X and AVIAS: TWO HOURS!?!

X: Shantae, how are you even alive at this point!?

Shantae: Unbreakable will?

X: That makes sense.

AVIAS: Focus you two! We got to find out what's causing all of this to happen!

The two got their minds together and went to the source of them freezing, Shantae whipped her hair and casted fireballs at werewolves and X shot them down. They were running and gunning for 5 minutes until they found a factory. They nodded their heads at each other and went inside.

The two faced and shot more werewolves and tried to find were the source of all the freezing is.

Shantae: Man who or whatever is causing all of this sure loves werewolves!

X: Yes also knowed as a man's best friend!

Shantae: Your talking about a dog, I'm talking about werewolves.

X: Oh right of course. Let's keep going

Shantae: Okay.

The two heroes continued to fight to the source of the freezing and they got in the way of a huge block of ice. X shot a charged shot and shattered the wall of ice and inside was another one of Dr. Light's capsules! X went closer and a message started to play.

Dr. Light: X, if your listening to this, then you have found another capsule for the Mirage Armor, this is the head part, it will allow you to see your enemies weakpoints and it will also allow you to see through walls and see multiple things that you did not see before. X, protect this world...

The message faded and X got into the capsule and obtained the head parts, the two then went to the a huge cavern of ice and got to the very peak of Frostbite Island.

X: If the reading are right, then the source is right here.

Shantae: Strange, I don't see anything or anyone.

A huge shadow appeared looming over Shantae.

Shantae: Huh? It's nighttime already!?

X: SHANTAE BEHIND YOU!!

Shantae looked behind her and screamed into fear.

Shantae: AAAAAAAAH!

X: SHANTAE!

Something in the darkness made Shantae frozen soild, and the creature grabbed the frozen Shantae.

X: WHO ARE YOU?! SHOW YOURSELF!!

Alarm System: WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!

X saw the shadow stepped out of the darkness and saw that the source of the freezing was coming from a Maverick!