Chapter 12: An Upgrade and a Hot Disaster

After X and Shantae defeated Hurricane Falcon, they were both in the bathhouse taking a bath while X was healing Shantae's wounds and his while in the water.

Shantae: Ow ow ow! It kinda stings!

X: Well if I can survive being torn to shreds by thread, then you can survive being healed by Vortex Merman's special weapon.

After a few lobs of water, Shantae and X's wounds were gone like they never got hurt in the first place.

Shantae: Good thing that Aquatic Vortex has healing abilities, otherwise we would have been drinking alot of healing potions!

X: Yeah, they taste like a weird substance. And Shantae you should be proud of yourself, you and Bolo helped me take down a Maverick! A few more and I'm going to have to call you guys official Maverick Hunters!

Shantae: You think so?

X: Yup.

X and Shantae got out of the Bathhouse refreshed and relieved as and they saw Uncle Mimic walking towards them.

Shantae: Hi Uncle Mimic!

X: What's going on Mr. Mimic?

Mimic: I'm glad to see you two are still in one piece! Those Mavericks are more dangerous then I thought.

X: Yeah, but if we take them all down, then they shouldn't be bothering us anymore.

Mimic: By the way X, can you come to my workshop real quick? I want to show you something!

X: Alright.

The three got to Uncle Mimic's workshop. Mimic and X got inside while Shantae waited outside patiently and saw X and Mimic again.

Shantae: So what did you two do?

Mimic: Your gonna love this Shantae! Hit it X!

X then pressed a square title on his head and his face was covered in a battle mask that was shaped like a neon red x.

Shantae: Wow Uncle! That's amazing!

Mimic: Yup! I been starting to get the hang of this advanced technology, so I made X this battle mask!

X: It's pretty amazing, thank you Mr. Mimic.

Mimic: Oh nonsense my boy! Call me Mimic!

X: Thank you Mimic!

Then the trio saw a shooting star in the sky and Shantae got excited and was bouncing up and down with joy.

Shantae: EEEEEEEEEEE! it's a shooting star! I wish for a pony!

X: Wait, that's not a shooting star!

Villager: BALLS OF MAGMA ARE FALLING FROM THE SKY!!! EVERYONE RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!

X and Shantae then saw dozens of Magma Balls fall and crash into the ocean and Scuttle Town was next! Everyone was in a terrible panic and X came up with a plan.

X: If that magma rains on Scuttle Town then we're all done for! Shantae see if you can get me close enough to the magma!

Shantae: Okay!

Shantae did a belly dance and turned into her harpy form, grabbed X with her talons and flew to the magma raining from the sky.

Shantae: This is the closest I can get! Be careful!

X: I'm ready!

Shantae then threw X at the magma and prepared a special weapon.

X: ACTIVATE GRAVITY BEETLE SCHEMATICS!!

X now looked like the Maverick Gravity Beetle. He had a long bladed horn, beetle wings and armor, his armor was colored blue, purple and orange, and had to tiny horns on the top of his head.

X: GRAVITY WELL!

X then fired a charged version of Gravity Well and a black hole appeared in the sky and started to pull the meteors of magma and the black hole sucked in everything single meteor inside and vanished, the disaster was avoided but many people were wondering what happened and why, X landed on the ground and deactivated Gravity Beetle.

X: That's was a close one! But who ore what would want to bath Scuttle Town in lava!?

Shantae: There's only one explanation, Mount Sequin! It's our volcano far away from here, but Mount Sequin has been silent for decades! It is finally going to erupt?

Uncle Mimic: Well whatever the reason, you two need to stop it before it's too late! So I suggest you two get a move on!

Shantae/X: Right!

The two heroes reached the dock and X placed his hand on Shantae's shoulder.

X: Ready to warp?

Shantae: I'm Ret-2-Go!

X: Okay then let's do this!

The two light warped to the Volcano to stop it's eruption from bathing Scuttle Town in lava.

(Sorry this chapter was short!)