Chapter 9: Millions of Stabs (8)

...

Beastlain became dumbfounded and looked at Jaehwan.

“My… I was worried that you would do that. It’s the first time I’ve met someone like you.”

“I’ve heard similar things in the past.”

Jaehwan spoke as he felt rough energy focusing into both of his swords. His immense spirit power was gathering at their tips.

“But this is my answer.”

Beastlain then held up his both hands.

“Oh well, I give up. Do what you want.”

Jaehwan’s sword thrust at Beastlain. At that moment, a weird magical rune began to shine and sprouted black wood that bound Jaehwan in his place. It was the Black Iron Wood that existed on the 91st floor.

“I should’ve done this from the beginning.”

“…what are you going to do? You would need my agreement or you can’t end the game.”

“Well, we’ll find a way. Won’t we?”

“You’re going to torture me,” Jaehwan continued. “I have gone through all kinds of hell. Do you think I will lose to torture?”

“Of course, of course. Haha.” Beastlain grinned.

“I actually gave up on receiving any agreement from you a long time ago.”

“What?”

“Let me ask you this time. Why do you think this tutorial will continue forever?”

“Wait…”

“Haha, you should’ve guessed. It has never reached this point before, but the Tower of Nightmares terminates the tutorial 100 days after it has been cleared.”

‘But you postponed my due date, you bastard.’

Beastlain did not speak that out loud.

“I wanted 10 more days just because I wished to end this game in a more natural and safer way. And also to stop you from doing anything stupid. You can now wait there until the tutorial ends and enjoy the new game.”

It didn’t seem he was lying. The tower had been slightly trembling since a while ago. It seemed that what Beastlain said was true. Beastlain felt some kind of victorious satisfaction as he looked at the face down Jaehwan. His plan had been disturbed but now, this human would accept his fate. However, it was then…

“Demon Beastlain.”

“Yes?”

“You are called the Gentleman of Deception in the <Great Lands>?”

“…Right. How did you know that?”

“You have lived 784 years and worked on 128 worlds to [Cultivate] various races. Spewing your filthy lies, such as promising the [Products] that you will make sure they go to Great Lords.”

“H-HOW DO YOU KNOW?!”

Beastlain seemed in shock.

“What’s so surprising? Is it shocking to hear this from your [Product]?”

“How…!”

“You’re thinking of selling me to the [Harvester] called the Lord of Darkness. For that, you will receive a great reward that you need to go on your 4th Mort.”

Jaehwan looked up to the ceiling as he spoke. His [Suspicion] skill that he had trained for the past 100 days was working well. The particles within the tower were chattering and Jaehwan listened. [Suspicion] showed him a new world. A new world that told him a new story.