Chapter 159: God of Madness (6)

...

"But why..."

It seemed like Yoonhwan wasn't excited to hear it. Imai was annoyed and he tried to speak, but Mirel stopped him. She seemed to be intrigued.

"Yes, you might have questions if you are new to Rupture. I guess you know the basics of Awakening from the way you are asking questions?"

Yoonhwan answered while blushing, "Y-yes. I heard that it was the power that was created to fight the system."

"Right. Then do you know what the 'unique world' actually is?"

Yoonhwan then cited what he learned when he joined.

"It is the world that an Awakener creates to keep his sanity to withstand the flood of information. It is what you get eventually once you become a 3rd or higher step Awakener..."

"You've been well educated."

Mirel glanced over at Kashim, to which Kashim shrugged. Mirel then spoke.

"I guess your question can be summarized into this. If all Awakeners can create their own 'unique worlds', why does 'Rupture' force the use of the 'unique world'? Why is that necessary?"

Yoonhwan froze.

"And, you might be thinking that it's like this. You barely escaped from the System, but why is it necessary to get the 'unique world'? Isn't it same as being locked up in another System?"

"I- I didn't think to that extent."

Yoonhwan quickly responded and Mirel laughed softly.

"Don't worry. It's a natural question. All the Captains here also had the same question before."

"Count me out."

"Of course, Imai. You're an idiot."

"You...!"

Mirel ignored him and continued, "Your name was Yoonhwan?"

"Yes, ma'am. Kim Yoonhwan from World 294."

"World 294... That's good. I've recently been interested in books from World 294."

Mirel continued, "Okay, think about this. Let's say you are a 15-year-old right now."

Yoonhwan wasn't sure why age mattered, but he nodded anyway.

"You lost your parents and all of your family by accident. You cannot play the computer game that you love so much, or the books that you like to read. You cannot even go to school. Your entire life is shut off from the world."

Yoonhwan imagined himself as a 15-year-old who lost everything, including his family. It wasn't hard to imagine.

"The 'world' suddenly became very dangerous for you. The world now forces you to become an 'adult'. You now have to think and act like one."

Yoonhwan felt his heart sink.

"And, there are people who are after the will of your parents. There are people who are trying to undermine you while you are lost in your loneliness."

The Captains were now concentrating on Mirel's story.

"And you, at the age of 15, you have to fight the world with your limited wisdom. But there is a problem. You don't have much information. The only information you have is about a computer game and a book."

"..."

"What will you then? Do you think you could keep yourself together? With just a computer game and a book?"