Chapter 13: Witch of Massacre (3)

...

‘Witch of Massacre’ in a unihorn hunting party?

People who knew would have laughed. She was powerful enough to handle trihorns alone. If she had joined the unihorn party, that meant there was only one answer.

‘What a stupid task it is.’

Red Fox Clan.

A clan that was infamous for hunting Adapters.

Mino had received a request to hunt them down from a certain Adapter. The problem was that it wasn’t given to her as an official request from the Dark Forest Clan.

The Dark Forest Clan forbade Assassins from accepting personal requests.

Therefore, she did not try to kill them by herself and lured the monsters instead. She could not reveal herself.

‘Dammit… I was sure that bihorn was going to finish them.’

Unique skill: [Lure]

This was the skill that gave her the nickname of the ‘Witch of Massacre.’ This allowed her to bring monsters around her. Everything went as planned. Until that strange man happened to walk by and killed the bihorn.

‘Just walking by? No way!’

Mino glanced at dead corpse of the bihorn that Kanghun and the other men had picked up. It was still fresh in her memory when the monster was killed. Mino saw it clearly right in front. There were a lot within the <Chaos> who could kill bihorns, but the problem was how it was killed.

‘He just stabbed it to death.’

Killing a bihorn without using any skills. It didn’t seem possible. It wasn’t possible for Mino, or anyone else she knew. The leader of her clan, the Black Forest, might be able to do that, but such a powerful figure walking around didn’t make sense either.

‘Is he from a renowned family?’

There were some from renowned families from the <Great Lands> that would visit <Chaos> to train.

‘No… they will not be ragged like him.’

The ones from renowned families moved in groups, wore peculiar clothing, and their walking style was easy to notice. He definitely wasn’t one of them, but she couldn’t make out who he was.

-Skill failed.

-Skill failed.

She had only been using the Assassin skill [Close Examination] on the man named Jaehwan. However, as if it were broken, her skill wasn’t working correctly.

‘Dammit, it’s doing it again. I should learn some good skills now…’

She was now left with using her secret items and her guess to find out about the man. She managed to acquire two pieces of good information.

One was that man had no skills related to ‘Walking.’

‘He walks too plainly. If he’s powerful enough to stab the bihorn to death, he must have learned some kind of walking skill…’

The walking skill was an important passive skill to have within the <Great Lands>. To ensure one’s survival, one would need to quickly run away from stronger foes. Yet, that man didn’t seem to have anything. In addition, there was something else that was weird.

The man’s spiritual power rating was at the level of a [Non-Adapter].

Mino was shocked when she checked the rating. The Dark Forest Clan distributed accurate tools to check spiritual power for absolute accuracy as their targets might be concealing their power. Their machines allowed them to see through the spiritual powers of even the powerful ones. The machine showed the lowest rating possible for the man.