Chapter 32: Deadman (7)

...

“Understood.”

Jaehwan took out his sword. This woman was a disruption. Jaehwan could not understand. Why was it when he looked at that woman, his skills were disrupted? Why did his memory try to come back? Everything wasn’t going well. He didn’t need feelings; they made him weak. The woman wanted him to kill her, so there was no hesitation. This was for her, and for Jaehwan.

“NO! Wait!”

Someone rushed up and held onto Jaehwan’s wrist.

“There might be a chance! Please!”

It was a middle-aged woman, the owner of the saloon. She was probably the one named Claire. She had evacuated at Karlton’s warning and had fortunately evaded the corruption. Just then, the paramedics from the fortress rushed into the saloon.

“This way!”

Gorgon Fortress acted quickly. The paramedics from the fortress quickly hauled Karlton and Mino outside. Jaehwan stared at Mino being carried away and asked,

“Will she live?”

“If she starts the ‘Morph,’ there’s no chance, but…”

One of the paramedics answered hesitantly. It seemed everyone was terrified of the ‘Dead Man.’

[Warning! Corruption level has reached 90%!]

It was the corruption measurement meter that Karlton had. Suddenly a siren sounded from somewhere within the fortress.

[WARNING- GORGON 4. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!]

[SMALL DEAD MAN WITHIN THE FORTRES.S]

[CITIZENS ON THE NORTHERN STREETS, EVACUATE IMMEDIATELY.]

The entire fortress plunged into chaos. Jaehwan felt it was a bit weird to be that scared.

‘Is ‘Dead Man’ that dangerous?’

There was various information about a Dead Man coming in on his [Suspicion]. Then he felt some strange whispers. Right after, red-clothed figures appeared on the rooftops of buildings around them.

[Anti-Evil First Squadron has arrived at the scene.]

[Second Squadron has arrived as well.]

As the reports ended, the red-clothed man in the center nodded and gave an order, “We will eradicate them before they finish the ‘Dead Man’ morph.”

Their hunt began. Most of them were higher than 3rd Stage Adapters. They were either as powerful as the Golden Sky, or even stronger. They all rushed into the saloon at once.

“Mino! Come back! Talk to me!”

Claire was feeding all the medicine in her possession into Mino’s mouth. It didn’t matter if what she had was valuable, whether it was uni or bihorn medicine. The doctor in the rescue team asked the paramedics, “How much medicine do we have?”

“…Not much, sir.”

“Why is that? Didn’t we have enough supplies?”

“It’s all been used up to ease the Master’s disease…”

“Dammit.”

The corruption level was increasing. Something seemed to be creeping into Karlton and Mino’s spirits, something so powerful that the unihorn or even bihorn powder could not stop. As they reached the hospital, the guard posted at the gate blocked them from entering as he looked at Claire.