Chapter 152: The Great Forest (7)

...

There was silence. Only footsteps could be heard in the forest from time to time. After a while, Runald then asked in shock, “The <Great Lands> is the 1st site of Big Brother?!”

“Oh, so you didn’t know anything then?”

Karavan spoke smugly and Runald responded.

“How would I know? I’m just a kid who’s been here for 3 years.”

“There’s no ‘kid’ in <Depth>. Even a 10-year-old child is already corrupt here.”

Runald then began to quarrel with Karavan. As the topic went sideways, Jaehwan thought about what Karavan had said.

‘So, Big Brother is the God of Adapters.’

He had guessed it, but it was still shocking to hear. There was also another fact that he realized.

‘So, the <Great Lands> is not the land of the living after all.’

Jaehwan had just considered the <Great Lands> to be a land where the ‘living’ lived and they went to <Chaos> when they died. But that wasn’t the case.

The <Great Lands> was just one of many sites of the <Depth>, after all.

‘Then the [Fruit] is…’

The [Fruits] that the Depth Expedition Team wanted for so long. The miraculous fruits that gave life. Jaehwan felt bitter. If what Karavan spoke was true, then the [Fruit] wasn’t the miracle fruit that they thought it was.

The [Fruit] was just another way to enter the 1st site. It didn’t give life back. It was revolting to learn of this.

Runald and Karavan were now back on the original topic.

“Wait. So how strong is Big Brother?”

“Hmm… I guess he’s stronger than the <Great Lands> at least.”

Runald became awestruck. That comparison wasn’t to another God, but the world itself.

Stronger than the <Great Lands>? What kind of a being was that? Runald was summoned into <Depth> from the beginning, so he had never gone to the <Great Lands>, but he had heard a lot about it. He knew the Lords of the 12 regions had power that didn’t fall behind the 7 Gods of <Depth>.

If the Lords of the <Great Lands> were equal in power to the 7 Gods, except for Big Brother, it meant that Big Brother already had a ‘unique world’ equaled to <Depth> itself.

“I can’t imagine what kind of being Big Brother is. The [System] already controls the <Great Lands> and the Tree of Imagery.”

Even Karavan, the Vicegerent of Ignis, could not guess just how powerful Big Brother was.

“I’ve never seen Big Brother myself either. To be honest, I actually don’t want to see him.”

There was probably no one who could withstand the terror at facing such an almighty being. Karavan then turned to Jaehwan.

“Oh, didn’t you say you were going to meet with Big Brother?”

Jaehwan nodded wordlessly and Karavan was astonished.

“I’m pretty sure you can feel Big Brother’s power too, right? Are you just brave or reckless?”

Jaehwan did not answer. He remembered that Yoo Surha talking about a similar thing before.