Chapter 84: King of Chaos (3)

...

Everyone was shocked to hear Jaehwan’s declaration, but he wasn’t one to bluff.

‘Is that possible?’

The officers knew how powerful the Great Generals were. They were beings that couldn’t be fought against even with the combined power of all the Awakeners gathered. And there were three of them.

“Are you serious?”

“I’m always serious.”

“You will wipe out the Palace of Reincarnation?”

“Yeah.”

Everyone who gathered began to laugh hollowly. They had been discussing, thinking of how to deal with this crisis for days.

“When?”

“Now.”

The Master was that kind of a man, one who was calm against the impossible. The people who were gripped with despair until just now finally had hope again. [Nightmare] Sirwen, who was watching this from the back, became curious.

‘He’s really interesting.’

Sirwen had seen many ‘heroes’ who faced the ‘reality’. Many times, they were a symbol of hope, but they eventually failed against reality. Sirwen knew. This man, even if he acted like this now, he would soon be defeated by the reality. Even now, someone should be standing up to object…

“Then, we should go now! Take me with you!”

What?

“Take me!”

Huh?

“We shall kill them all, right now!”

People were rising up as the atmosphere in the meeting room grew frantic. It seemed like the entire world was standing up. Sirwen was astonished.

‘They’re all out of their minds!’

She heard something weird was going on in <Chaos>. The rumor that people began shouting words such as freedom, life, or liberation.

‘Why now? Because of this one man?’

She couldn’t understand. Maybe she would never understand as she was a [Nightmare] who had lived, and would live, for a long, long time.

‘…Ugh, these humans. Well, I don’t care.’

Sirwen’s only purpose was to find out the secret of the 8th gate from Jaehwan. She was curious as to what her godfather had left in that place. But it was also Jaehwan who quieted down the meeting room.

“I thank you all for your enthusiasm, but only four will go, including me.”

Everyone became silent.

“Me, Chunghuh, and Cayman will be going.”

Cayman was overjoyed. “It’s an honor, Master!”

Chunghuh ranted in annoyance, but he didn’t seem to dislike it all that much.

“Hah, I guess you can’t do anything without me.”

The people who weren’t called out were unsatisfied. Some shouted, “This is not possible!”

“Just four cannot possibly…!”

As everyone became noisy, Jaehwan quickly spoke.

“Four is enough. Besides, all of you have other duties.”