Chapter 68: Triad Meeting (4)

...

[Tower of Nightmare: Carpediem]

It was a week ago that Jaehwan decided to create this tower of nightmares, right after he killed the Extra-Large Dead Man Magrit.

-Kid, are you serious? There have been no cases where a tower was created by a non-[Nightmare].

The Tower of Nightmares had historically only been created by [Nightmares]. Other higher races like Demons or Angels had ways to interfere in the systems, but only [Nightmares] could create and repair them.

However, a human trying to create it? It was foolish.

-It’s okay. Meikal can do it. Besides, we are only making the first floor.

-First floor?

-Just enough to control time. It doesn’t need to be fancy.

That was when Meikal and all the entire smiths of Twilight’s Fall were called in. And one week later, it was completed.

“….I never imagined that a human could create the Tower of Nightmares.”

“It only has one story, but it’s still amazing.”

Inside, there was only an endless amount of space and sky, but it was still a great feat. It was something that no other race had achieved in the millions of years of history. Jaehwan then thought.

‘Well, we did have a really hard time.’

For a whole week, Meikal and Jaehwan put a lot of hard work into creating this tower. It would not have been possible without Jaehwan’s experience as a [Product] and Meikal’s skill as an experienced blacksmith. Jaehwan also came to understand a lot about the [Nightmare] race. The skills that they used were very similar to the power of an ‘Awakener’ that Jaehwan used. It was so similar even to the point where it seemed like [Nightmares] were the first Awakeners, as most of their skills were based on Awakening steps.

However, it also seemed only natural. One needed to know the truth of the world to make another. Maybe it was the [Nightmares] who knew the reality of this world.

And so, Carpediem was created. It was a tower to bring back lost hope to <Chaos>.

Meng said in astonishment, “I am deeply touched! To be able to return to this place not to be [Cultivated] but to destroy it!”

“M-me too! I wanted to say that too!”

Yong also agreed. The Leaders turned to Jaehwan, asking for his next words.

“All training will be done in here now.”

Jaehwan looked at each one of them carefully.

“As you may have guessed, the time in this tower goes a hundred times slower than in real time. A day in <Chaos> will mean a hundred days in this tower. Considering the fact that we have a week, you will have close to two years to train.”

Two years. That was given time for the Leaders.

“But, as time is expedited, it has also been compacted. It means that your spirit will feel much more fatigued in this place.”

The Leaders frowned. It didn’t just mean that they would grow tired faster.

“You mean our corruption rate will increase as well.”

Meng guessed it, and Jaehwan nodded.

“Yes. It is especially true as you are older spirits. You are not young spirits who just joined the tutorial.”