Chapter 30: Dead man (5)

...

Silver Bind was very powerful.

All criminals could not resist his [Orders] and the brothers were having a hard time against [Silver Bind]. Karlton was living up to the reputation of the ‘best of the four Guard Captains’.

“So, it wasn’t a false rumor that you can kill a Garnak alone….”

Janya deflected Karlton’s halberd as he gritted his teeth. To the Adapters traveling in <Chaos>, the [Silver Bind] of the Sky people was the worst skill to fight against. Janya was barely resisting, but his two brothers were already bound. Karlton’s halberd swung towards Janya’s neck.

“Your resistance is futile.”

Janya gulped.

[We should use Black Cloud.]

[Are you serious? If we do that…]

[The ones who were reinforcing the barriers are all dead. We will all die anyway.]

[…Understood.]

Janya then knelt and raised both his hands.

“I surrender.”

“Wise choice.”

Karlton then released the bind and approached. At that moment, Janya laughed.

“You are as naïve as rumored also.”

Karlton then realized something and shouted, “Everyone! Get out of the saloon!”

Something exploded from within Janya and a black cloud began filling up the saloon. Within the smog, people moaned and coughed. Some who moved out of the smog tried to come back in, but Karlton yelled, “Don’t come back inside!”

The smog did not go away and Karlton’s voice disappeared. Then, the sound of flesh and bones twisting was heard.

The Janya brothers were watching it unfold at the top of the ruined building next to the saloon.

“I never imagined I would need to use Black Cloud here.”

They were all covered with some kind of a mask. Janmyung spoke grimly,

“Janmang breathed in a bit of the cloud.”

“…Fool. I warned him so many times.”

Janya frowned as he saw Janmang’s darkened face.

“If he swallowed only a bit, he might live. Hang on.”

Then, they saw reinforcements from Golden Sky running towards them.

“…About time.”

Their leader was the high stage Adapter and an elder of Golden Sky, Heuk Surlang. He was famous for his sexual desire in the <Great Lands> and was eventually killed by Adapters with his tongue and penis ripped out. Janya was ashamed to side with such a man.

“Janya, look at you… how pitiful.”

“…Shut up.”

“What happened to the witch? You need to hand her over to me.”

“I didn’t have time for that.”

Surlang frowned. He then checked the cloud in the saloon.

“You were in a hurry, I see. Using the cloud with the Leader’s permission?”

“Silver Bind was here.”

“Silver Bind?”

Surlang’s voice shook.