Chapter 100: Catastrophe (1)

Episode 13.
Catastrophe (1)

Three weeks after the war was over, Jaehwan and his Depth Expedition Team were at the Void Factory, the entrance of <Depth>.

“It’s here,” he mumbled as he watched the building in the distance. He already had the knowledge of the place from Mulack’s memories.

This half-circle building was the final door to the <Depth>. It was what surrounded the Dead Man Palace, the place of Sole King Catastrophe.

“Everyone stop!”

Euren and Cayman quickly made the forces behind them stop and line up. Jaehwan thought, ‘There are too many.’

He had repeated many times that not everyone would be allowed into the <Depth> even if they followed, but they still had a total of 3,000 soldiers.

-We can still join even if we’re weak!

It was <Chaos>’s oldest dream. It was everyone’s dream to at least try.

‘Ugh… this is a mess. And the one that NEEDS to go is still knocked out.’

He thought as he glanced at Sirwen, who was being carried on Chunghuh’s back. Jaehwan had already decided to take Sirwen with him. It wasn’t because of her character or anything. It was just because she was very useful. She was, after all, a [Nightmare]. However, she was knocked out while she was doing that squeeze thing and she did not wake up. Chunghuh’s eyes met Jaehwan’s.

“…What did you do to her?”

It seemed he was having misleading thoughts, but Jaehwan did not feel like explaining. Euren then came to him and asked, “Master, should we move in right away?”

“I’m not your Master anymore.”

“You are still my Master, sir.” Euren spoke sternly.

Jaehwan answered, “Let me remind you. I won’t be a guardian once we’re inside.”

“…I know, sir.”

“Good.”

It was cold, but it had to be done. Euren knew this very well. Jaehwan was going to leave <Chaos> soon. <Chaos> was now on its own.

Then, the door to the Void Factory opened. From within, the roar of horned monsters filled the air.

‘It’s beginning.’

Within the factory, there was a conveyor belt. Some monsters walked out. Most were unihorns, but there were quad and pentahorns among them as well. All of them had that distinct factory stench.

‘So, this is where those horned monsters are created.’

All the horned monsters in <Chaos> were created in this Void Factory. This was the feeling that Meikal got when he worked on the horns. The feeling of being ‘made’.

‘It was a factory made by [Masters].’

Jaehwan remembered Chunghuh’s explanation. This factory was created to hold off Dead Men within the Dead Man Palace.

“Everyone! Ready for the battle!”

With Cayman’s shout, the soldiers changed formation. Some pulled out their weapons.

“Hmph. I should switch out my weapon with their horns!”

Kanghwang and the other leaders seemed excited. There were a lot of quadhorns. Horns were best utilized when they were made to be used as weapons. They were very durable, and worked very well against Dead Men.