Chapter 179: Rupture (14)

...

Yoonhwan became desperate as he saw the city being destroyed. He should have come faster because he needed to give the information he knew…

‘Dammit.’

Yet his efforts seemed to have been in vain. He then felt people approaching from the surroundings. They were the people who attacked Yoonhwan before.

Swords were unleashed as they charged against him. Yoonhwan quickly turned.

“Why, why do you have to do this!”

Enemies appeared from the darkness. They were from Rupture. Yoonhwan even knew some of them.

“Let me go! Please!”

Nobody cared about Yoonhwan’s words. There was no sense of sympathy in their eyes. They too had overcome the <Great Disappearance Simulation> and some of them had been in Rupture longer than Yoonhwan.

‘I’m sorry.’

Yoonhwan realized these people will not back off and readied himself. He couldn’t just back down yet.

[Sea of Blood, Mountain of Corpses]

The unique world spread out form Yoonhwan along with the world power. The power was one of the reasons why Rupture was after Yoonhwan. Rupture never allowed their unique world to be leaked out.

Powerful energy swept through some of the Awakeners, pushing them back with a scream.

‘I’m sorry.’

Yoonhwan quickly turned, but he couldn’t go.

“Stop, Yoonhwan.”

A cold voice came with the world power that was attacking him. Yoonhwan barely was able to defend himself by using a huge amount of his power.

‘Ugh…’

His wrist became painful from the force. The energy was that powerful. A Captain? No, it wasn’t that strong. Then it was…

“Yoonhwan. Stop this and let’s go back.”

“Seoyul.”

Han Seoyul was standing there. Yoonhwan couldn’t say anything. He understood why Seoyul was stopping him and why Rupture had sent Seoyul to track him down.

However, he had to say something, even if he couldn’t go back.

“It’s not right.”

He wasn’t sure where he was and why he was standing here, but he had to say something. He had to speak for himself so he could exist.

“This is not right…”

There were many emotions behind his words, but Yoonhwan wasn’t hopeful. That wasn’t enough to persuade or make one understand.

Seoyul answered, “I know.”

“What?”

“I know.”

It was their first time communicating like this after they had come to <Depth>. Their first exchange was when they had overcome the trauma from the past. Yoonhwan realized that Seoyul was telling the truth. She seemed to feel something. She continued, “I know, and that’s why I’m here.”

“Meaning…”

Yoonhwan became hopeful. Maybe things were going to end well. Maybe the question was going to be answered in the right way. The world was fairer than he thought…