Chapter 158: God of Madness (5)

...

He was dreaming. It was a long and epic dream. It was the past he had lived, but it didn’t feel real.

‘Ah-ah.’

The man suffered from the stream of memories. It was too brutal. It had the terrifying tower that appeared in front of his world, and the memories within it.

Death, death, and death.

There was the stone that made everyone to return to their lives. People ran away from the harsh reality. Friends lost their lives in an effort to protect reality.

-Let’s go, Yoonhwan.

-Yoonhwan?

-You… you’re trying to go back?

And then, there was the friend’s voice.

-…Okay. Go.

I’m sorry, Jaehwan.

-Go, before I change my mind.

His last friend walked alone toward the 99th floor. He was all alone now. Blood seeped through his cloak.

-It was good to have you in this world, Jaehwan.

And then came the fall. As his body came crashing down on the ground, he opened his eyes and screamed.

“Are you okay?”

Yoonhwan realized someone was grabbing his shoulder. He looked up and saw a familiar face. The memories were getting mixing up. A large man with a giant axe on his back… who was this guy? Where was he?

“Captain?”

“I guess you didn’t go mad. Good.”

Kashim the Tyrant, the 4th Captain of Rupture, smiled as he scrubbed his beard.

“The memory recall is successful. Congratulations on overcoming your first step.”

Memory recall.

He then realized and glanced around. There were few recruits of Rupture within the room that resembled some kind of a lab. He knew where this place was.

Memory Recall Laboratory.

It was within the Rupture Training Facility which housed all of Rupture’s high technology.

“Some go mad during the process, but you’re lucky. As is she.”

He turned and saw the woman. The woman named Han Seoyul had also been chosen to become a member of Rupture. He only considered her to be pretty, but he now knew who she was. She was a friend who climbed the tower with him for tens of years.

Yoonhwan tried to speak, but decided not to. He still couldn’t believe it was real.

Those terrifying events… they were all true. If they were true, then what was happening to him now? Yoonhwan was confused and he felt weak with the various emotions surging within him.

“Ah…”

And Han Seoyul also seemed to be going through the same thing. She was looking at Yoonhwan with tears running down her face. It was a painful memory, but that was a memory that they should have never forgotten. However, it was also why it felt more terrifying due to the fact that it had come back.

Tower. Cultivation. Tutorial. Level. Status…

Yoonhwan remembered the words he heard from Kashim before he came into the Recall lab.

-You two are lucky. Master found a method for ‘forced awakening’ recently.

-Your hatred toward the world and the system. All of it is the basis to the Awakening.