Chapter 103: Catastrophe (4)

...

The corridor was pitch dark. Jaehwan only relied on the sound of Eniac’s footsteps coming from the front to walk.

‘They probably have come by now. I don’t have much time.’

Jaehwan was concerned, but he did not express his concerns. Eniac then spoke.

[I have never seen a human like you.]

“I hear that a lot.”

Eniac laughed.

[You really think you can PERSUADE the Sole-King?]

Jaehwan did not answer. He was not sure at all. However, he was never sure about anything for all the things he had done until now.

“I’ll see when I try it.”

He also had his reasons for doing this.

Record of the Depth.

After he came across the memory, he had planned for this. The memory had nothing about Big Brother, but there was a lot of information about the Sole-King.

[I wish you luck.]

“Thank you.”

Within the corridor, there were a lot of horned monsters, even if they weren’t visible. Some growled, but some seemed to be friendly toward Jaehwan. It was because of his serpent tattoo, or the sign that he was the Master of Gorgon.

[You don’t utilize your ‘Seal of Daeus’. If you activate that from now on, you will never be attacked by horned monsters.]

Eniac explained.

[We gave that seal to the humans. We gave 7 Horned Guardian monsters along with it, but it seems that your guardian horn has disappeared. I am not sure where or why it’s gone…]

Jaehwan remembered that when he was given the seal, the previous Master wasn’t in the best state to do such a thing. It seemed that had resulted in an imperfect transfer.

Eniac examined the seal and repaired it.

[If you find any of our disciples hiding within the Depth, this seal will help you get their help.]

They walked. And after a long time, Eniac stopped.

[You will have to go alone from here.]

His voice was shaking. It was a sign of fear.

“I will be back.”

[Please come back within an hour. If you cannot come within that timeframe, I will have to seal the door.]

Jaehwan nodded and walked forward. And after a while, he arrived at the door. It was made out of horns of horned monsters. Then he realized that the entire corridor was made out of the same material.

‘So, these stopped Dead Men from coming out.’

Jaehwan opened the door and walked in. The power inside immediately swept up to him. Beyond him was a giant palace. There were a lot of Large Dead Men, and within them were Extra Large Dead Men. There were two of them that were as powerful as Magrit, and about 10 others who were a bit less powerful. And there were countless Large Dead Men at the level of 7th stage Adapters.

But these weren’t the real enemy.

‘It’s coming.’

Jaehwan shivered. After he had reached the 4th step, [Theory], he could now understand.

This being was a God. Chaos itself.

[Finally, you have come.]

One sentence. It was just a voice, but blood spat out from Jaehwan. He realized he had no chance against this power. He then remembered the factory as well as its corridors and the gates. Was it made to ‘seal’ this being inside?