Chapter 117: Naked God (5)

...

Would it have changed if he had accepted Surha’s offer? Jaehwan didn’t know.

“No.”

With that said, Jaehwan and Rupture’s relationship was decided. 2nd Captain Surha raised her scythe weapon named ‘Thundering Imp’ and the fight began.

The fight was intense. The pathway to <Depth> was destroyed through it. After Jaehwan experienced the power of Catastrophe, his spirit gained more power. It wasn’t enough to have him move onto the next step, but he was now able to utilize the power of Creation at will.

‘If I was in my best condition…’

With his heavily wounded body, he wasn’t able to fight against Surha. Jaehwan had to use his last resort.

The skill that Rupture named as Perishing Slice.

Surha couldn’t attack easily after that. She too had the linkage. If Jaehwan managed to cut her ties, she might be trapped in this part of the world.

-You’ll regret this.

Jaehwan’s gamble eventually paid off. After time passed, the barrier was lifted and Surha disappeared. But the problem was still there.

‘Ah, dammit.’

Jaehwan thought as he looked around the area that was now pitch black.

‘The path is closed.’

He couldn’t find Chunghuh, Karlton, or Sirwen. It seemed they probably had moved onto <Depth> already. If they were in <Depth>, he would soon meet them again. That wasn’t a problem then.

The problem was Jaehwan himself.

[If the path closes before you go through, follow the closest light. If you are lucky, you might get out of <Depth> that way. It won’t be a pleasant experience, however.]

Jaehwan didn’t know what that meant, but he had no choice. He swam through the darkness looking for the light. It was completely dark so he didn’t even know where he was going.

‘Nothing’s easy.’

He was too exhausted from the multiple battles and he was now losing energy. He tried to stay awake but it was no use.

After a while, something changed. The surrounding air turned into water and he felt his skin turning into scales. He began breathing through gills like a fish. As he breathed, he constantly swam.

It was then that the light appeared from above. The fish, Jaehwan, realized he should move towards it.

‘I must go there.’

Nobody ordered him to go, and Jaehwan wasn’t fully conscious, but he followed his instincts. And then, he finally reached the light.

He felt he was being dragged up and writhed in pain. So, this was the experience. The feeling of becoming a fish wasn’t pleasant at all. And being fished up was another. Jaehwan thought it wasn’t a pleasant experience before he fully lost his conscious.

Sometime later, Jaehwan realized someone was calling him.

A small hand was shaking his body.

[HEY!]

A voice.

[Wake up! Hey!]

It was the voice of a girl. Jaehwan opened his eyes. There was a young girl wearing a white one-piece skirt without shoes, crying, and wailing. She was shaking Jaehwan, panicking. Jaehwan wasn’t sure what was going on.