Chapter 24: World of 1% (4)

...

A day passed after coming to <Twilight’s Fall>. The promised time for the Vice-Chief position had passed but the artisans didn’t seem to mind. Maybe it was because it was a rare opportunity to work on the horn of a Garnak. Even just having a glimpse of the horn getting worked on was a thing of legend.

Mino quietly left <Twilight’s Fall>.

Middle-aged men were heard talking loudly from within the saloon. At the center was an old hologram machine that was showing a broadcast. The person on the broadcast was a pink-haired [Nightmare] with a small horn.

<The top ten videos, together with Siroen! It’s about time to end. The last video is one you all might know! There isn’t anything more famous than this video in <Little Brother> recently! It is the [Solo-clearing of the 99th floor] video!>

The video then showed a man solo fighting a giant Frost Dragon. The man kept stabbing it over and over, endlessly. His face was censored so that the Product information would not be leaked. The men at the bar rumbled while watching.

“I wonder what happened to him. The Lords want him badly.”

“Huh? You didn’t know? That tower is on hold for Cultivation.”

“On hold? Why?”

“I don’t know. Maybe some dumb Demon tried to cheat in it. There’s a rumor that he ran during the Cultivation because of it.”

“So that’s a fake?”

“Of course. Do you think it’s possible to beat a 1st gen tower alone?”

The men discussed it for a while but soon changed the subject. Besides, the subject of the matter was irrelevant to them now. This was <Chaos>, the world of the dead.

“I hope I get a [Fruit] someday. I want to be revived.”

“Haha, you won’t even get a seed with that kind of thought.”

“Hey! Give me a unihorn beer!”

At that moment, the door to the saloon slammed open and a woman walked in. It was Mino. She walked briskly to the bar and sat down. Her thin waistline and fair-skinned face immediately attracted all the attention of the men in the saloon.

“Hey, lady. Are you here alone?”

“Get lost.”

“Yes, ma’am.”

The men were shocked and scared by the vicious energy pressure that Mino was releasing and ran out. Mino laughed bitterly.

‘I’m strong compared to those buffoons.’

She thought about Jaehwan and felt bitter. Then, the owner of the saloon appeared.

“You, girl, are bad for my sales.”

“…Aunt Claire.”

“So… Auntie… listen…”

Mino was too drunk to talk straight, but she kept on mumbling.

“I’ve heard enough, girl.”

Claire, the middle-aged woman, frowned. She was a survivor from the world ‘Arkal’ where Mino had come from. She was the only one left alive from Arkal in <Chaos>.

“So, what you’re saying is this.”

“…Huuuh?”

“You tried to cheat on a man and almost got killed, but he saved you.”