Chapter 104: Catastrophe (5)

...

After an hour passed after Jaehwan and Eniac left for the Dead Man Palace, Chunghuh and Karlton felt the presence at the same time – an earthquake powerful enough to shake the whole factory.

[What’s going on?]

The Overseers seemed to be surprised.

[Humans, are they bored?]

[…This is a bit much to be considered in that way.]

Another explosion was heard. Edsac turned to Johniac.

[Johniac, connect to the outside.]

Johniac closed his eyes, and energy rose from him and flew out. It was his skill. Johniac shook.

[Scary. Men. A Lot.]

He was afraid.

[They. Scary…]

Johniac then frowned in pain. It seemed the horned monster that he connected to had been killed. Chunghuh and Karlton looked at each other.

[Hey- stop!]

Ias shouted, but Chunghuh and Karlton quickly ran out toward the entrance.

‘It’s them!’

It was obvious.

“Doctor, this is..”

“Dammit. So the kid was right.”

Before they arrived at the factory, Jaehwan did warn them of this situation. Most of them thought he was too concerned with it. They didn’t think Generals would kill themselves to come all this way.

‘They want more than just Jaehwan.’

<Chaos> was now a valuable place. It was a place where powerful beings that were as powerful as Lesser Generals were being born, thanks to the tower created by Jaehwan and Meikal. If left alone, it was apparent that <Chaos> would grow strong enough to compete against the <Great Lands>.

That’s why they acted, to destroy and pillage as they always did.

‘It won’t be easy this time.’

<Chaos> was different now. They had Jaehwan. That fact made Chunghuh feel relieved.

“How many have come?”

“I don’t think they will have more than 50.”

But as they neared the entrance, they realized they were wrong. It was hard to count as the spirit energies were stacked against each other, but it didn’t feel good.

‘How many have come?’

As they opened the door, their question was answered in most horrible way possible.

The scene was horrible enough to resemble the disaster from 900 years ago.

Chunghuh glanced around. Leaders were almost on the verge of dying, with some Awakeners already dead. And…

“Cayman!”

Cayman was dangling as a Commander was holding him by the neck.

A hundred Generals. It was too large of a force to move to just capture a [Product]. Sameng Hoon smiled bitterly. The <Great Lands> would now face chaotic times.

‘…Jaehwan, was it? You do not know what you have done.’

The destruction of Place of Reincarnation was that severe. The current Prince of the Palace at the 9th region was out of luck. If it was any of the other Lords, things would have been much worse.