Chapter 116: Naked God (4)

...

Ten minutes later.

‘Dammit.’

Runald was topless and full of sweat as he hugged the naked man. It was a weird sight, but there was no other way. This way was the only way that his Goddess, ‘Naked Andersen’ could ‘eat’ this man.

‘Eating is a weird word to use.’

What it was actually doing was just diving into his spirit. Runald knew why Andersen made this horrible (to Runald of course) choice very well.

If this man was a real God, then that was good.

There were other ways for gods to increase their power rather than gathering [Followers]. If Gods had more [Parts] or had better [Settings], it would allow them to use another method.

It was to eat other Gods.

This was forbidden in many sites, but it was openly done on many illegal sites. Even in <Caspion>, there were a lot of Vicegerents lurking who did this ‘God eating’.

Runald watched the man’s face and mumbled, “I hope you are not a God.”

If Andersen determines that this man was a God, she would start eating up his spirit right away. There was no better prey than an unconscious one. Runald hoped to not lose the chance of gaining another [Follower]. He had been lonely through his time with only his Goddess.

“No. But you won’t become a [Follower] so…”

With such world power, the spirit would become Andersen’s new Vicegerent instead. There were rare cases where a God would have two vicegerents, but that was for those high-ranking gods. Andersen wasn’t one of them.

“It’s okay.”

Runald thought it would still be okay even if he was degraded into a [Follower]. If this made his goddess Andersen happy, then that was good enough.

“Aren’t I a good [Follower]?”

Runald smiled as he spoke. But it was the next moment when he realized something wasn’t right.

“Huh?”

Something connected had been cut off, and Runald knew what this was.

“Goddess?”

Andersen’s link that was connected to Runald was cut off suddenly. Runald felt lonely for a second. It made sense for Andersen to become excited, but why cut off the link so suddenly?

‘So, he wasn’t a God?’

If the link was broken, then it meant his Goddess had found a new Vicegerent. Andersen probably decided to make this man her new Vicegerent. But…

“Goddess?”

Something wasn’t right. This wasn’t just the link being cut off. This…

‘She vanished?!’

He couldn’t feel Andersen at all. It was as if she had been swallowed up by something.

“Goddess!”

However, Runald didn’t know. There was a bigger problem than Andersen’s vanishment lurking in. There was vicious energy spreading out from where they were lying down.

It was unlucky. That was the only way Jaehwan could describe the situation.

It was fine until he defeated those Generals and got help from Catastrophe to enter <Depth>. It was also good that he had Chunghuh, Karlton, and Sirwen with him. Two of them were trustworthy and one was good enough. It was a shame that he couldn’t take Cayman with him, but that was for the best.