Chapter 14: Witch of Massacre (4)

...

“Jaehwan! You lost your memory!”

Jaehwan looked at Mino’s face more closely.

She sure was a beauty. However, this beautiful face was forcing Jaehwan to agree that he had lost his memory.

“Didn’t I say I didn’t?”

Mino grinned and answered, “I see… then can I ask you something? You must know these if you did not.”

“…Go ahead.”

“The region we are in. What is it called?”

Jaehwan couldn’t answer. He had heard from various sources until now, but he did not know the correct words to describe it. As he became silent, the other party members eyed him weirdly. The attention was something he didn’t like.

Then Jaehwan suddenly heard Mino whisper the answer.

[The answer is ‘Chaos’.]

Jaehwan decided to go with the answer for now.

“…Chaos.”

“Oh. You know.”

Mino smiled. It seemed she was more interesting than expected, considering that she was the type to walk around showing off her size measurements.

[But you really didn’t know.]

Mino sent a message as she looked at Jaehwan with a grin.

“That’s weird… I thought you really did lose your memory.”

[That’s weird… how come you don’t know?]

The two voices came at once. As far as Jaehwan knew, the skill [Whisper] did not work while speaking. It seemed the woman was using a different skill to send the message.

“Let me ask you one more thing then.”

“…Go on.”

“Do you know where <Chaos> is located?”

He had no idea. As he fell silent, Mino’s voice came again.

[The answer is the Tree of Imagery. Chaos is the tree trunk portion of the Tree of Imagery.]

Jaehwan looked at Mino for a second and answered, “Chaos is the trunk of the Tree of Imagery.”

As he answered the second question correctly, the members seemed to lose interest. Kanghun stepped up to solve the situation.

“Haha, I guess Mino must have misunderstood. Isn’t that right, Jaehwan?”

Jaehwan nodded and Mino spoke.

“I’m sorry, I guess I misunderstood. Sorry, Jaehwan.”

But the voice that came into Jaehwan’s head was different.

[I don’t know who you are and why you don’t know this basic stuff, but I know two things. One is that you don’t want attention and two is that you’re pretty strong.]

Jaehwan listened without answering.

[I think we can make a good deal. What do you think?]

She had complete control now.

Jaehwan was able to gain some pieces of information from Mino.

First, these members were evil criminals.

Second, Mino needed to kill these party members killed for a certain reason.

Third, Mino could not reveal her identity for another reason.