one

One night

One simple drunken night

One sperm cell

And a handsome black man with his mesmerizing hazel green eyes and embedded tattoos was all it took to turn her life upside down.

The blood flowed through her veins and rushed straight into her cheeks making her face feel flushed with embarrassment.

The words went through her right ear and right, out of her left ear like meaningless words that held no weight. She couldn't see clearly, her vision becoming blurry.

Oh that's right, those were her tears, cascading down her cheeks

"It can't be". Cheyenne tried to let out, through her croaked throat while looking at the beautiful gynecologist in front her who went by the name Ms Robyn.

"I'm afraid that test says otherwise". Robyn's lips stretched out into a smile of sympathy. Her  hands shook as she held the urine strip test she had taken a few moments ago.

"How accurate could these be?". She questioned once  again, feeling distraught and angry at herself, trying to put the pieces together.

"This was your urine taken and in most cases these never lie. They are 99% effective."

They never lie? Well they are lying to her right now

"What other test could I take? I mean there must be a mistake". She asked again but Dr Robyn simply shook her head.

"There is no mistake but to put your mind at ease, I will draw some blood and take you through it. It might take a while though". Dr Robyn reassured her, clutching her clipboard on the side.

"How long?". Cheyenne quietly uttered. She needed to make sure that the test were accurate, for her sanity.  She glanced down at her Cartier watch. The time read one forty-five.

Shit, she muttered to herself. She was late for her meeting.

"—It could take some hours— days as we need to make sure that everything is up to par and accurate".

"Alright let's do it". She nodded her head, anything to get accurate answers. Dr Robyn nodded her head and walked out to call the nurse. Cheyenne took a minute to gather herself but she was still in disbelief. She could feel the hot tears burning at the brim of her eyes, waiting to be released upon the  confirmation of the news.

A older nurse walked in the room and smiled at her. Weakly returning her smile, Cheyenne sniffled and wiping her nose with a tissue. She held out her arm as instructed and waited for her blood to be taken.

The needle pierced through her skin making her feel the little pinch.

"All done. You can go on about your day. Dr Robyn will give you call about your results. Don't stress yourself baby". The nurse gave Cheyenne a reassuring smile and that kind of got her into a better mood but she was running late for her meeting.

She hopped down the bed and fixed herself before letting herself out the building. She hopped into her black Audi RSQ8 and sped towards the office.

Arriving thirty minutes later due to lunch time traffic, she grabbed her purse and hurriedly up to the seventh floor where her floor was located.

She didn't have time to freshen up her make up or even have a moment to herself before her assistant bombarded Cheyenne as soon as she stepped out the elevator.

"Ms Love, you are late". Chanelle said, looking flushed with anxiousness and grabbed her purse for her

"I know". Cheyenne muttered, letting out a breathe. She just needed to get through this meeting and everything will be fine.