twenty-six

The lights flicked on and off, repeatedly blinding the tied up woman on the dirty, muddy floor.

It was Stella.

She struggled against the pole as she tried to loosen the tight rope on her wrists. Her wrists were bruised up and red from the way she was struggling.

A cloth was placed in her mouth so she wouldn't scream however that didn't stop the muffled sounds from coming out every now and again. It's been three days since she was brought into this dirty box she was held in.

Suddenly the door opened causing her to stop her actions. She squinted her eyes as the lights was turn on completely. They were bright and blinding her eyes. She squinted before adjusting to the light

The metal door loudly closed with a bang before the man made his presence known. She jumped from the sound being startled.

It was Cornell.

She rolled her eyes but kept looking at him. How could her own husband kidnap her and their child then keep him away from her.

He walked towards her and slid the cloth down, freeing her mouth so they could speak.

"Where is Aden?". She immediately asked. She didn't care about nothing else. Only her child was important to her right this moment.

"Don't worry about him. He's safe ". He stated, lowering himself to her level.

"Safe with who? That bitch you replaced me with?". Stella spat making him chuckle. He tossed a smile her way, one that was cunning.

"Aden will have a better mother, not some unstable bitch". He mentioned which rifled her. He was insulting her motherly skills.

"I want my child!". Stella pulled on the ropes as she tried to break free. Cornell chuckled as he watched her.

"You look pathetic, never thought I could see the day". He expressed, a cunning smirk on his lips.

"Fuck you Cornell! You are a stupid bitch!". Stella yelled and spit in his face.

He grabbed her neck, digging his nails into her skin making her wince. Stray tears rolled down her check as she silently sobbed. This was very unlike Stella. She wasn't known to be someone who cries.

The sight before Cornell was giving him a boost of pride. To know that he had managed to break down her strong walls, causing her to crumble to his feet.

"You going to stop talking about her like she's a bottom bitch before I end your life and she takes your spot". He spoke, his breathe fanning her face.

"You really think I care about you and her have going on? I just want my son. I don't care for this sham of a marriage!".

Cornell let go of her neck, causing the back of her head to bounce off the pole. She cried out in pain and could feel the blood oozing out the back of her head.

"I don't want this either but yet here I am. I just need to know what business you had with Donovan De Luca ". He questioned,  standing over her, pulling out the gun from behind his back.

"Nothing". She lied through her teeth while peering up at him.

"Don't lie to me stupid bitch!". He slapped her across her face with the butt of the gun causing her to let out a hiss.

He was heavy handed and could feel her cheek stinging.

"I know nothing! I swear!". Stella cried out. Blood oozed out her left nostril. She felt the metallic taste on the tip of her tongue.

"You must take me for a joke, huh?".  He lowered himself again, pulling her head back making her look at him. He had a tight grip on her hair which was stinging so bad as the area became hotter by the second.