twenty -two

February had slowly announced it's presence by the red and white décor that graced every part of the city. People were in high spirits for the month of love. Teddy bears and pink, whites and red flowers adorned the reception as Cheyenne stepped into the building. How she hated Valentines day.

Her work place took such events very serious, however she couldn't care less for the made up holiday for the past three years, especially not since her break-up with Khalil.

The only thing she was looking forward to was the little cakes she had purchased at Áine's bakery, compliments to the month of love. She had gotten a variety of flavors ranging from chocolate, vanilla, caramel, strawberry, raspberry and a lemon-orange flavor. She couldn't wait to devour in the treats. She was feeding into her new found addiction.

She stepped into her office and was bombarded by a banquet of flowers gracing her table. They were bright and so...pink with a hint of red and white but mostly pink. They sat in a round see through vase. Her lips immediately curled up in disgust.

"Eew". She muttered to herself as she stood by the doorway.

Whoever sent her those flowers better come and get them. With quickness.

She walked over to her desk and took a peek. They were enormous and had a little  card tucked in between them. She placed her box of cakes on the table alongside her purse then gently pulled the little card out.

To a special, beautiful lady who has captured my heart, be my Valentine's

-D ❤️

The message read with a red heart sticker on it.

"I think the fuck not Mr De Luca". She rolled her eyes and rummaged through her purse for her phone.

The other side of the call rang for a few moments until the phone was picked up.

"Yes?". The voice groggily sounding as if he just woke up. 

"Why did you send me flowers? You know how much I hate them, yet you keep doing it to piss me off!". She snapped not giving him a chance to say a word.

"Oh for fucks sake, it is the morning Chey ,what are you talking about?". Donovan confusedly questioned.

"Do not play dumb with me. The flowers you sent to my office". She told him.

"Wait, what flowers? I didn't send any flowers to your office. I know how much you hate them so why would I do that?".

"Because you are trying to piss me off as usual".

"Cheyenne please, I am a lot of things but being petty is not my thing ".

"Okay if you say you didn't, then who did?". She asked with her brow raised and hands placed on her hips. A tight frown was on her face.

"I don't know, now are you done with your ranting session?". He tiredly asked, blowing out a exhausted breathe.

"Wow, boy bye!". She hung up, dropping her phone on the glass table, causing a loud thump

She walked around her table and took a seat . She grabbed the box with the cakes and took one out— a vanilla caramel cake.

She stuffed one in her mouth, steady eyeing the flowers as she chewed. Leaning back in her chair and catching her breathe from the screaming match she had with Donovan, a knock echoed in the room interrupting her peace.