twenty-one

Cheyenne stood with her brows furrowed as she stared at the two and a half people standing outside her door with suitcases besides them, in the middle of the night. 

"Can we come in?". Donovan nervously questioned, looking at her face to detect any signs of attitude.

"Sure". She stated, pushing the door open so they could step in. Donovan pulled the bags in as Stella trailed behind him with her son. Cheyenne closed and locked the door and then turned to look at Donovan with her brow raised.

"What is going on and who is she?". She asked, placing her eyes on Stella. She noticed how tall and slim she was. Her skin tone was a rich brown skin which was clear of blemishes. Her hair was currently pulled into a bun and her eyes were puffy from all the crying she did.

"She needs a place to stay". 

"Okay?..." Cheyenne trailed off, still confused why the stranger was standing in the middle of her living room and with bags at that and why Donovan was telling her such.

"She is going to stay here". He announced.

"Excuse me?! And who did you discuss this with?". She jerked her head back as her forehead creased. She was puzzled by the information.

"Cheyenne please". He sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, not really trying to argue with her. Especially in front of Stella.

"Hell no, you got me fucked up!". She stated, not giving a fuck about Stella being in the room. Stella simply looked down, trying not to show her emotions. She really needed help and she didn't care who she got it from.

"Let me explain?". He muttered, moving towards her. 

"You can take a seat" He glanced behind him, gesturing towards the couch so Stella could get comfortable. Cheyenne raised her brows as he gave instruction in her home. She watched as Stella walked towards the couch and take a seat. 

He grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the first room he could find. He shut the doors behind them as they stepped in, leaving them cramped up in the little store room she had, head to chest. 

"What is this huh?" Cheyenne exclaimed, folding her arms. 

"She is in danger".

"Okay what that got to do with me?" She spoke up with an attitude.

"She will be safe here. No one knows where you live". He stated, having seems like he had all the answers.

"Oh so you rather put me and your child in danger too? What if she snitches".

"This is the last place they will even look".

"You don't know that! I hate you for doing this to me without my permission. I thought we were over doing things like this?". Confused, she asked him.

"I know and I am sorry. I should've communicated but then again I know how you are"

"So you rather bombard me by just showing up! And with a stranger at that!". She snapped jabbing into his chest. He slightly grimaced at her loud tone and menacing glare rested on her face.

"Calm down please, you know that stressing is not good for the baby". He calmly voiced.

"Don't you dare try to use your child to try and soothed me into agreeing!". Cheyenne scoffed, looking to the side as she grew furious by the minute. 

"Chey..." He grabbed her hands and squeezed them and he made her turn to look at him causing her to mug him and scowl at him. The way he stared at her made her slightly calm down.

The room was silent as they let the tense air clear and Cheyenne making a decision on what she should do.

"Who is she and what relations does she have with you?". She decided to ask instead. Their eyes bounced off each other in such a attentive manner. Everything else disappeared around them, even the tense air became lighter.