seven

Ding!

I'm here

Grabbing her black crossbody purse and slipping on into her boots, Cheyenne walked out her bedroom in her penthouse.

A knock echoed in the living room area making her shuffle to the front door. Her dog, a Yorkshire terrier-named Cece followed behind her. She pulled the door open and Cece's little bark filled the hallway. Angelo looked at the Yorkshire and smirked.

"Cece stop!". She gently scold, pushing her back in.

"Come in, I'm almost done". Cheyenne opened the door wider, letting him inside her humble abode. Her black square framed glasses rested on the bridge of her nose.

A grey tuffed sectional couch filled the living room with a round shaped glass table with table art on top. A curve HD smart TV mounted on the panel white walls. A huge mirror mounted on the wall. On your right was the kitchen isle with cream bar stools with gold legs that led into the kitchen. High ceiling windows and curtains bringing light into the living room.

Cheyenne walked in the kitchen, grabbing Cece's food from the pantry. She filled her bowl with some goodies and left water as well. Cece circled around Angelo and sniffed his cologne as he stood admiring around the house

"Your place is nice". He complimented. It smelled of magnolia.

"Thank you. Cece come on!". She softly smiled then turned attention back to her little baby who looked up at her.

"Be good girl, I will be back in no time". She gently told Cece, rubbing her coat. She whined, tilting her head to the side.

"Don't do that". Cheyenne laughed. It was a way of Cece telling her to not go. Rubbing her one more time, she stood up and went to wash her hands before returning back to the entry way where Angelo seemed to be invested in her family portraits mounted on the wall.

"Let's go". She caught his attention, making him look at her.

"You look like your mom. She's beautiful". Angelo complimented, sending a smile her way.

"Thank you ". She simple said, locking up as they headed to the elevator.

"My car or yours?". Cheyenne questioned.

"Mine, after all I'm the one treating you to brunch ".

"Of course but I want to do some grocery shopping when we are done ".

"I will send a driver for you". Angelo stated as the elevator dinged and the doors opened. They both stepped out, walking side by side.

"A driver? There is no need for that. I can easily get a Uber". She frowned. Cheyenne wasn't one for handouts. She had a disliking to them no matter the nature of the relationship.

"It's no issue. Really". He reassured, opening her door to his blue Ford mustang. She smiled in appreciation and got in, pulling her seat belt across her body.

Angelo was inside the car in no time and driving to their destination which was their family restaurant which opened very recently and the talk of the town.

"I've heard great things about this place. I just haven't had the time to check it out ". Cheyenne mentioned, looking around. Beige paneled walls and a Rome like aesthetic the place was giving.

"I hope you won't be disappointed ". He led her to their table, gently placing his hand on her back.

The food's aroma filled the room making her stomach growl loudly.

"You've been starving my niece ?". Angelo asked, with a playful frown on his lips while pulling out the chair for her. Angelo was such a gentleman, from opening her doors to pulling the chair out for her. She knew that he will be her favorite always.