thirty-six

"Unc Lu?".

A awake Angelo confusingly questioned with his face scrunched up. The lights in the hospital were blinding him. He felt his head throbbing at a fast pace as he groaned.

"I'm going to get the doctor". Mikael stated, heading out. The two were left alone in the room.

"How long have I been out." Angelo questioned, looking around the room. He didn't remember anything and nothing made sense for him at the moment. Numerous flowers, balloons and get-well-soon cards filled the private hospital room.

"I don't know." Lucian shrugged. Angelo loudly groaned, laying back on the bed.  He placed his arm over his eyes, blocking out the sunshine peeking in the room

Shortly Mikael walked in with his doctor,  Dr Luther. The man was tall, dark and handsome. A pair of black framed glasses sat on the bridge of his nose.

"Mr DeLuca, how are you feeling? ". He questioned, holding on to his clipboard .

"Confused. My head hurts". He told him, attempting to sit back up but his head was intensively throbbing so he laid back down. Touching his head, he felt the base of his hair. It was all cut off and he had stitches on the back of his head.

"That's expected. That is a result of your head making impact with floor during the incident." Luther informed Angelo.

"How did i get here?." He asked, his face distorted into a grimace. He didn't like hospitals and now he in there with different machines hooked on him and bandages wrapped around his chest, leg and head.

"Do you remember what happened or recent events that happened in your life?". Angelo shook his head with a frown etched on his face.

"You were shot. Four times. Twice in the torso. One in the chest and leg. You may experience pain here and there after you fully recovery. What you are currently experiencing is what we call Traumatic Head Injury which causes memory loss that can last up to a few minutes, days, weeks or months depending on how severe it is".

"Is there anything we can do to help me regain my memory?". Angelo questioned.

"Yeah, we recommend familiar people being around to help with the situation, however it's not something to stress yourself about. Your memory will come back—eventually. Give it time." Dr Luther told them.

"When can he leave?." Lucian asked.

"I'd like to keep him for a few more days plus begin physiotherapy for his leg."

"Okay, thank you doc." Lucian and the doctor shook hands. He then walked out, sending a nurse for Angelo.

"Did you break out of prison?." Angelo asked, suspiciously eying his uncle who had a bandage wrapped around his arm after the doctor was out the room. His voice was hoarse and his brows were furrowed in confusion. He seemed to remember a lot of his past but not recent events.

"What you take me for nipote(nephew)? I got out." Lucian stated with a smile on his face.

"They let your crazy ass out? On what? Good behavior?  Yeah right." Angelo scoffed, squinting his eyes at him.

"Don't be a hater, damn. My first day out and this is how you talk to me?". Lucian asked.

"I just don't believe they really let your ass out."

"Man whatever. Better believe it because I ain't going back ." Lucian smacked his lips, getting a laugh out of Angelo. It was low yet strained. He was still in slight pain and stiff. His wounds were healing slowly but surely.

"It's good to see you Unc. You look good." Angelo said giving him a quick glance. The jeans he was wearing were just right against his build. His upper body was chiseled from the workouts.