twelve

Bags of white powder laid on the glass table as Angelo counted the packages and placed them in the bag. He had counted fifty bags already that weighed five grams each. He had a blunt on his lips and low music playing in the background.

A knock sounded on his door making him quickly stuff the cocaine in the black bag . He stuffed it under the couch and stood on his feet making his way to the door.

He pulled the door opened and was met with the face of his on and off fling, Khalil. He took a pull of his blunt and blew smoke in his face. Khalil swatted the smoke out of his face and lowly scoffed.

"What are you doing here?".  Angelo smacked his lips and left the door open, walking back to his living room. Khalil closed the door behind him and followed into the apartment.

"We haven't spoke in a while ". He stated taking a seat on the couch.

"I've been busy". Angelo vaguely responded, pulling out the big bag from under the couch. He slipped the bags on the glass table and started where he left off.  He decided to put out the blunt before taking one last pull of the weed.

"You could've texted, you know". Khalil spoke eyeing a focused Angelo.

"And you could have called too". He murmured now putting the last of the white powder in the bag. He looked up and saw Khalil staring at him.

"What?". Angelo inquire standing on his feet once again.

"You found someone else".  Khalil stated, taking in his body language. Angelo looked different to him. His hair was freshly braided, falling to his back in French braids. He had recently completed a sleeve tattoo so that too was different about him.

"No I didn't and even if I did, it's none of your business". He scoffed, taking a glance at Khalil who seemed not to take his eyes off Angelo. He was dressed in a white wife beater and black sweatpants with socks and slides.

"Who is she or he?".

"Are you jealous,". Angelo smirked, zipping up the bag.

"Just answer the question Angelo" . Khalil scoffed not wanting to deal with Angelo's antics.

"I don't think you deserve an answer, especially not from me. We are not together remember?".

"You ain't shit Angelo!" Khalil smacked his lips and scowled.

"I'm glad you noticed it". He chuckled, shrugging.

"I should've never gave you my all". Khalil spilled causing Angelo to halt his movement and stare at Khalil. His brown skin was smooth and glistening. He was huddled in a thick coat , jeans and black timbs.

"I never asked you to do that".

"So you gonna act as if we weren't already dating? You basically moving into my place was nothing? All those things we said to each other?" Khalil asked.

"That meant nothing". Nonchalantly, Angelo stated causing Khalil's heart to break. "Yes we shared moments that were special but it's time we go our separate ways now. We tried getting back to where we were but nothing seem to work when we are together ". He finished off, blankly looking at Khalil.

He hated showing emotions so he'd rather give nothing away and besides he was protecting himself from getting hurt. He liked Khalil but wasn't ready to be tied down and with the type of lifestyle he lived,  he didn't want him to get caught in it even when Khalil was accustomed to it.

"So what are you saying to me?". Khalil raised his brow in question.

"I'm saying we end things before one of us gets really hurt and it won't be me". Angelo expressed, keeping a nonchalantly expression.