twenty-nine

"Would you like a tour of the house?". Donovan questioned, while standing in the middle of the large living room. It was twice as big as Cheyenne's old one. The sun illuminated the openly wide space with a folded sliding door leading to the outside; the backyard which extended arces with a swimming pool; a cubana as well as a barbecue area.

"Yes please". Chey softly stated. She looked around and she was slowly liking it. Different ideas run through her head as she thought of ways to decorate the place. That was the most exciting part of being in a new space. Her place.

"It has five bedrooms, four and half bathrooms. A movie theater. A pool house, a pool and as well as maid headquarters". He informed her as they slowly traveled up the stairs.  Cheyenne was supposed to be on bed rest however she was not respecting her doctor's orders. She wanted to see the new house Donovan bought for her and the kids.

Donovan had bought Cheyenne a house. It was a mandatory traditional in their family. If a man gets a woman pregnant, he was to provide shelter for his children and the mother of his children.

Although she was stubborn about going back to her old place. She realized it wasn't realistic plus she couldn't bare the thought of having to relive seeing Cece's bloody body on the floor like that. The nightmares were definitely going to start and it wasn't safe. They still haven't found the culprit so she couldn't go back.

They walked through the long hallway with different turns and curves leading to the different rooms in the house
Lastly they reached the main room which was the master bedroom. It had double french doors.

He opened the door to the room and guided her in. Chey looked around, impressed. It was definitely bigger, had a patio just outside overlooking the pool and backyard. The sun illuminated through as they stood in the middle of the empty room. The floor all through the house had white tiles, freshly installed and with double coat of white paint.

"It's definitely bigger. I like it". She murmured however Donovan heard her.

"You like it?". He asked for clarity. Anything to make her happy and comfortable.

"Hmmmhm". She nodded her head with a small smile etched on her lips.

Cheyenne wobbled towards the double doors that led her to the patio outside. The air was a bit cold but the sun made up for it. The last wave of winter before spring.

She walked back in and went over to where Donovan was standing, "I hate to say this but you outdid yourself this time ".  She smiled up at him.

"Wow, what a compliment ". He shook his head but received it nonetheless. They traveled back downstairs and Cheyenne was already huffing and puffing. The babies were putting a strain on her. She couldn't wait to give birth. Two more months.

Two woman walked in causing Cheyenne to look at them. One screamed bad ass and professional while the other was chilled but still guarded.

"A few more things...", Donovan trailed off making her place her attention on him, "the place will be guarded at all time. Security systems have been put in place which you can control from your phone. Nobody has access to codes besides you and me".

He told her, pulling out a portable device out his pocket. He placed it in her hands. He told her the codes and how to navigate the security system.

"This is your house Chey. I can't tell you what you can and cannot do around here. You have control over everything. I got the security part, handled ".

"And what about them?". She questioned, looking over the two women that walked in a few moments ago. Donovan looked over Chey's shoulder and motioned for the ladies to come closer.