eighteen

The new year had finally began and it was back to reality for most people, including Cheyenne. She couldn't be away from her duties for far too long as everything needed to be ran by her.

Cheyenne tiredly yawned. As much as she was well rested from her trip, she needed more sleep and it didn't help that her back was slowly starting to ache once more. She made her way into the office canteen. The smell of fresh breakfast invaded her nostrils and making her stomach growl rather very loudly..

"Don't worry my baby, I'm feeding you now". She mumbled to herself as she shuffled towards the foil wrapped food. She grabbed a Styrofoam plate and placed eggs, waffles, sausages and bacon. She also grabbed a container filled with fruits and yoghurt. Lastly she grabbed a small carton of apple juice and a bottle of water.

"Damn you gon'  finish all of that?". A deep voice questioned, startling her and making her turn towards the voice. She cast the gentleman a look.

 Immediately his scent filled the room. A mixture of cinnamon and sandalwood. She noticed how handsome he was. Dark skinned, and standing at a height of 6'0, a tapered fade on his head, medium built with his muscles bugling out. He was dressed in a navy blue suit with a button left open on the top but not to the point of exposing his whole chest. She saw a gold chain peeking through as well and a gold watch with small diamonds encrusted sitting perfectly on his wrist.

"Yes, you got a problem?" She asked her brow in question with her scowl on her face and looking at him with her glasses on the bridge of her nose

"Nah, I don't, its just a lot of food for one person". He raised his hands in surrender

"Are trying to call me fat? And who are you, the food police?" Her scowl deepened as she mugged him. He thought she look cute trying to give him attitude.

"Nah, not at all. Do you". He shook his head as he grabbed a plate and just placed pancakes, bacon and two sausages. 

Ignoring him, Cheyenne grabbed a chocolate chip muffin, placing it in a small takeaway bag. She could feel his eyes on her but she didn't care. She let herself out and headed back to her office.

She contently sighed as she took her first bite of her waffles drenched in maple syrup and a little cream on the side. Being pregnant was no joke. She was hungry all the time and also tired but on the downside of things, her hair was growing thick and her skin hadn't broken out yet.

☘︎

A knock echoed in the office making her glance up from her iMac.

"Come in!" She spoke loud enough for the other person behind her door to hear her. The door was  pushed open and two people stepped in; her assistant, Chanelle and the gentleman she saw earlier.

She slyly rolled her eyes as the two walked towards her desk. The man tried to lowkey call her fat and she didn't like that at all.

"Yes Chanelle how can I help you?"

"I was just showing Mr Williams around. He is taking over from Miss Porter's position". Chanelle informed her.

"Is that right?" She said, taking a quick survey of the gentleman who was now known as Mr Williams.

"Yes, helping him get acquainted with everything around the building". Chanelle stated.

"But are you not my assistant? Where is his assistant?". Cheyenne mentioned not hiding her dislike for him. Her lip was slightly curled in disgust

"She is not in here so I was assigned. Is that a problem?" Chanelle raised her brows in question as she looked Cheyenne.

"Is that a problem?". Daniel asked as well mirroring Chanelle's expression with a small smirk on his lips.