thirty-seven

"What?". Loud outbursts occurred in the room. The family members stared at each other in shock while Antonio bowed his head, shamefully. The room fell into a complete silence letting the news digest.

"You are lying." Eden spoke up, being the first to break the silence in the room.

"Lying?", Lucian jerked his head back with his face scrunched up. His brows were furrowed indicating he was upset, no—furious, "You think i'm a lying? You of all people?". He bellowed, pointing a finger in her direction.

Eden had no comeback so she kept quiet. Seeing him so upset and angry unsettled her. His eyes didn't show any sign of untruthfulness.

"You've been awfully quiet Antonio, is this true? Is what Lucian saying true?" Sabrina softy inquired, looking at her son. Lucas turned to look at Antonio, wanting to catch him in his lies. He wanted to see him telling the truth. He was tired of the back and forth already.

All of Antonio's words were stuck at the back of his throat as his eyes traveled from each and every one's eyes in the room. He could see the disappointment settling on their faces, more especially his father. He was ready to pin him against the wall.

"Answer the question! ". Lucas loud, orotund voice belted. The women in the room jumped up in fright as well as making him flinch.

Antonio nervously ran down his hand on his face. He heavily sighed and played with his ring on his wedding finger, "Yes, it's true. I am responsible for Marina's death". He confessed.

In a split second, Lucas was on top of Antonio, holding him down as they tussled. Antonio struggled against his father's heavy built as he held him down by the neck. Screams erupted in the living room and the ornaments fell from the table onto the floor and shattered into pieces.

"Are you fucking crazy, huh?!", Lucas yelled in his face.

"Lucas stop! Let him explain!"  Sabrina pleaded on the side, watching her husband tackle her oldest son.

"Help them Lucian!" Eden cried out, standing back helplessly. The scene before was unsettling. Antonio looked as if he was about to pass out.

Lucian was standing back and watching the drama unfold. He was honestly disinterested. Antonio deserved every single thing coming to him right now

Their father attacking him was nothing compared to the fifteen years he spent in prison after bring framed by his own blood brother all because Marina wanted nothing to do with him anymore. He spent days, weeks and months questioning himself. The family disowned and cussed him out once they learned the news, wanting nothing to do with him. He fended for himself up until his nephew decided to help him out.

"Let me explain, Papa". Antonio cried out with pleading eyes.

"Explain what?!". Lucas hissed, still holding the monster down, "what's there to explain?".

"Lucas, just let him explain." Sabrina pleaded with her husband once more, from the side. She tried prying her husband off Antonio but Lucas was just too strong.

"Let him explain? Y'all never let me explain so why should he?!". Lucian hissed, pushing himself off the wall.

"Lucas!." Sabrina called out again. He let up, making Antonio to stumble forward, "Lucian we just want to hear his side of the story, please." Sabrina expressed.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now?!" Lucian barked. The veins in his neck were close to popping out his neck. His neck was a crimson color from the anger brewing inside him. His caramel skin tone was turning red by the second.

"Don't speak to your mother like that!". Lucas scold Lucian, glaring at him.

A humorless chuckle slipped out his lips, keeping his tears at bay. He didn't want them to see him at his weakest. He was truly and utterly hurt.