twenty-three

Later that evening, Donovan used Cheyenne's key to entered her apartment. Stella furrowed her brows in confusion as she placed her attention at the burly, chocolate toned, tall man who swiftly made his way towards Cheyenne's bedroom. She stayed seated on the couch with Aden besides her, watching  a random cartoon. 

Cece's head turned towards the door and happily jumped up from the fire place that Stella lit up, running behind Donovan. She sniffed his shoes and happily wiggled her tail when she found out who it was.

"What's up Ce?". He lowly stated, rubbing against her coat. She murmured in satisfaction and simply watched him.

Donovan rummaged through Cheyenne's drawers, grabbing random clothes, that made sense to him. He wasn't really playing attention. He grabbed her black hard shell suitcase out the closet and dumped everything in there. He moved towards her undergarments drawer and grabbed a handful of underwear.

He marched into the bathroom and slipped his phone out, quickly scanning through the list of the items he was supposed to grab. He grabbed everything, he really wasn't in the mood to be looking for every single thing. Luckily, her shoes she requested were easy to find being they were neatly lined on  her shoe rack.

He noticed another small sized hard shell case and dumped everything in there. When he was done, he closed everything up and grabbed her phone charger , iPad and a pair of glasses that were sat on top of the iPad along with the charger. Closing the suitcase and walking out her bedroom when he was done with Cece following behind him.

"Where is Cheyenne?". Stella decided to at least acknowledge Donovan since he wasn't going to do it.

He halted in his steps, slowly turning around to look at Stella who was standing a few feet away from him. She was bundled up in a cashmere sweater and black tights covering her slender legs and thick socks.

" At the hospital" He bluntly stated, not up for a small conversation. Stella gasped, concern gracing her face.

"Is she okay?" She asked. Donovan blankly stared at her then curtly nodded his head, turning around and heading towards the door.

"I'm leaving. Don't open the door for anyone". He sternly stated causing a sad look to grace her face. Stella nodded her head with her arms folded on her chest.  Donovan noticed but chose to ignored it. He wasn't going to be nursing her feelings forever.

She hated feeling restricted and she hated being cooped up in the apartment however she knew she didn't have a choice. It has been two weeks and she was slowly going crazy. She brought the situation to herself and now she has to live with it. She hates that she dragged her son in it but he was all she had that was willing to protect him. Cornell was no help at all. He was good as being a dead beat.

She was grateful for the help she got from Donovan and Cheyenne so she will be doing as she was told. She didn't want any lives being lost because of her.

"I knew I couldn't trust you to grab my clothes for me". Cheyenne fussed as she rummaged through her suitcase. Inside were some tights and a random oversized tee and a yellow thick hoodie.

"I told you!" Angelo stated on the sidelines, scooping some yoghurt in his mouth. Donovan glared at him which made him, avert his gaze else where and continue stuffing his mouth, quietly.

"And why would I need a thong?". She questioned, with her brows furrowed and smacking her lips, holding out a black lace thong. Angelo whistled, looking at the couple who were standing besides each other. Donovan's face flushed with embarrassment. 

"Now I know how you got knocked up".  

"Angelo!" Cheyenne shrieked from the statement which made him laugh.