thirty-two

The guards opened the door and patted down Mikael, searching for any weapons on him. They found none. Donovan followed right after. When they were done, they were led to a secluded part of the house. They were given looks, considering the people around knew who he was and knew his kind wasn't accepted in their precinct.

Workers were walking in and out the open plan hallway. Half naked girls of all shapes and sizes were bagging and weighing the white powder in their respective packaging. Some eyed him as he walked by, I mean who wouldn't. Everything was being done professional which he liked but still didn't trust his current surrounding especially with the current situation going on.

He felt as if something bad was going to happen but he didn't know what. He just needed time to figure everything out. He hoped and pray, it didn't affect his family- Cheyenne and the kids. That was his main concern. He hoped to protect them in every way he knew he could

The double doors were pulled opened, letting the two man step in. A couple eyes averted their attention on the two man. A lot of people were surprised to see Donovan, being it was their first time. They heard so many stories about the man but never set eyes on him. They thought he was white when in actuality he was black.

"Mr DeLuca, what are you doing in my territory?". The dark skinned man's rough voice questioned, noticing Donovan had paid him a visit. In fact, he was waiting on him. The room was filled with a thick cloud of that green drug. The others walked out leaving the two gentleman to work out their issues.

"I came to fix my brother's mess on behalf of him". Donovan simply stated, taking a quick scan of his surroundings. They were in a open plan space which had a big oak table situated in the middle. Probably a twenty seater table. There was two book cases on either side of the walls and a few art pieces hanging on the wall. The paneled windows displaying the pristine pool in the backyard and green arces of trees extending miles and miles.

"And who might that be?". Pierre stated with a smirk dancing on his face. Pierre François was a very famous kingpin. His family including the Haitians and the Italians had been at odds for thirty years and counting. They knew not to mess with each other's territories, women, businesses nor circle of friends. They were not to even glance in each other's directions.

It had been that way for years until Shelly and Angelo did the unthinkable, setting the motion in a spiral which landed one of the DeLuca brothers in hospital fighting for his life.

"You know exactly who. You sent over your guys to kill my brother and I don't appreciate that. I feel the situation could've been handled differently". Donovan told him. Pierre let out a low chuckle.

"Is that so? Well I don't appreciate that lil boy sitting in my daughter's face and playing with her feelings". Pierre spat causing Donovan's brows to furrow in confusion.

"And what's that got to do with you? Your daughter is a grown woman who can make her own decisions. She knew what she was doing dealing him. Don't you dare make excuses for her".

"You will not come into my territory and dictate how I should raise my daughter!", he slammed his hand on the table. Donovan stood unbothered, "That faggot she was dealing with put my child through countless heartbreak and I would do anything for her that includes killing!".

"First of all don't you ever dare call my brother that disgusting word. And secondly, you must like causing your child heartbreak because she's sitting in that hospital room crying her heart out over shit you've caused. Again, she had gone against your wishes!" Donovan spewed as he walked closer to the table but was held back.

"Take your hands off me before I shoot up this place" he calmly stated, giving the guards a menacing gaze. They looked towards Pierre causing him to nod his head. They let go of Donovan making him straighten his clothes out.