thirty-eight

Alexio Venturi had a wide smile on his face. His heart felt as if it could burst right out his chest right this moment. The news he had just been told, made his day better than before. He never thought the day would come.

"What are you so cheerily about?".  Cornell questioned, placing the cancer stick on his lips, inhaling a few puffs of nicotine. The fumes were addictive to him. They made him relax.

"Anya just called. She managed to get her hands on our target." Alexio relayed the message, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

Cornwell perked up and sat up on the chair. He pulled the cigarette off his lips and a smirk slowly formed on his lips and into a wide grin.

"Are you serious." He couldn't hide the contentment in his eyes and licked his dry lips.

Finally, their plan was coming together. A step closer to bring down Donovan DeLuca and his entire family and all they needed was Anya. She fit perfectly into their plan. In addition to that, she had her own master plan brewing. So it was a win for both parties.

"I didn't think she'd pull it off. I must say, I'm impressed".  Cornell spoke, with a small grin, displaying his semi colored teeth. He put his cigarette out and clasped his hands together.

Alexio nodded in agreement. He had waited so long and now the opportunity was right in front of him. He was going to take it running. No looking back and no take backs. He was getting what he deserved.  What he felt was owed to him.

"I guess it's time to bring out that contract huh?", Cornell questioned, looking directly at Alexio. His black, shiny hair was messy from all the run throughs that occurred with his fingers.

The black ink embedded several parts of his chest and arms making them stand out against his pale skin. The white shirt cling to his body like second skin with the sleeves rolled up. An AP, silver watch adorned his wrist and glistened from the sun ever so often.

"That was the deal". Alexio concurrred him. He didn't wanted to seem impatient but he needed that contract and after that, all bets were off.

A chuckle filled the space between them, "You are right, you are right! You got Anya to trust you and now you've got Donovan. Only real men can pull shit like off". Conell complimented.

"I told you, I could do it. You just needed to trust me, that's all." A smug smile graced Alexio's lips.

"You've gained my trust and utmost respect. Welcome to the team." Cornell congratulated Alexio Venturi. They shook hands with smiles on their faces until the real contract came.

"Soon, we will take over the world, that's the real plan."

Cornell pulled out the contract and the black pen. He gently slide the white paper with black ink on it across the table.

Alexio hurriedly scanned through the paper. In fact, he didn't need to. He knew what he was getting into and wasted no time scribbling his name across the blank dotted line on the white sheet.

"Welcome to Death Row". Cornell stated however Alexio had a few tricks up his sleeve to take down everyone and take over everything. Including the man in front of him.

₰₰

Cheyenne intensively stared at the six point seven inch phone as she awaited Donovan's reply after she had left that voice message. Days went by and still no response.

In all honesty, she was starting to give up on him. On them—their relationship. It wasn't worth her mental health nor her losing time with her children, each day.

She roughly wiped her tears off her face and fixed her hair up, tying it into a ponytail. She looked like a mad woman lately. She walked into the adjoined bathroom and cleaned up her face. Cheyenne decided to be rational about what she was going to do next.