eight

Those hazel green eyes stared back at her as he sat on the accent chair, comfortably.

The two had a staring match, neither wanting to back down.

"I asked you a question, what are you doing here and how did you get in?"m

"We need to talk ". Donovan said, ignoring her question. A scoff escaped her lips.

"No we don't ".

"Yes we do and I'm not leaving till we have a conversation ". Firmly, Donovan said.

"And what if I don't want to listen to anything you have to say?'". Cheyenne sassed, rolling her neck.

"We will keep staring at each other till you do". A shiver ran down her back as they locked eyes. Those hazel green eyes did something to her. They made her quiver as a tingle ran down her back.

Tearing her gaze away from him, she turned and grabbed her food as her stomach growled loudly this time. She warmed it up and then shuffled to the living room all while Donovan watched her.

"You could've called instead of breaking into my house". She told him, taking a seat across from him.

"Would you have answered?". 

"Absolutely not".

"See ". He remarked, "I just want to make things right between us. I know, we didn't have a great start on things but I'm willing to work for whatever you want me to". He proclaimed, catching her off guard.

"Why now? What made you change your mind?". She asked, curious.

"I'm a man of responsibility. I always take care of my responsibilities". He stated making Cheyenne look at him for a long time before finally speaking up.

"That's all I really wanted from you and like I said before I don't want anything besides you being a father to this child. Not your money either".

"I understand. I want to be involved in everything ".

"That's expected of you. Just be present in our child's life, that's all I ask".

"I can do that ". He nodded. It was the bare minimum. That's all she wanted, really.

"Yeah..."Cheyenne trailed off, awkwardly and turned away from his gaze. She stuffed her mouth with the pasta Angelo paid for at the restaurant, earlier.

"I see you went to De Luca Eatery". Donovan broke the silence.

"Angelo took me there. It was my first time being there". She mentioned.

"How do you like the food?". He asked. Cheyenne looked at him. He was way too comfortable in her presence while she would tremble when they locked eyes.

She could see his tattoos peeking from underneath his shirt on his neck. His cologne reminded her of that forbidden night. The night she got pregnant.

"It's good, I like it".

"My grandmother's recipe ". He told her making her nod her head, "Speaking of family have you told your family about the pregnancy?". He asked.

"No", embarrassed, she softly answered, "I don't have any family". She looked down at her lap.

"Did you tell anyone?". She directed the question back not wanting him to pry further.

"My mother knows and she would like to meet you ". Her brows shot up in surprise.

"Oh... okay". Cheyenne hummed, definitely surprised but she knew eventually things would have to be that way.

"Last question before I leave, when is your next appointment. I would like to be there".