forty-five

Seven months later.

"This view is amazing." Cheyenne stated as she gazed out the window. The hotel suite they checked into for the night was at the heart of the city. It gave them a perfect view of the city and it was grand. Low hums of the city life adorned their room. It was like the city that never slept. Christmas decorations also filled the city's buildings.

Views of the city life and historical attractions which made it even more beautiful to Cheyenne. Night lights which brought the city to life as Donovan stood behind her with his burly arms wrapped around her shoulders on their brief romantic getaway.

He gently pressed the base of her neck with his lips causing her to momentarily close her eyes, savouring the moment and enjoying the soft feathery kisses that were being placed on her neck. It felt good to be in Donovan's arms. He brought a sense of tranquillity. A safe haven.

The past few years of Cheyenne's life were filled with a lot of hurt, disappointments as well as losses. Quite frankly, two years ago she didn't think she would in this position in this current moment in time. Having children and about to be married in a few months. Marriage was certainly a far away thought however that thought was changing everyday.

"You like it?". He muttered against her ear, sending shock waves through her body. She reacted by melting into his arms, leaning back against his bare chest.  She hummed with a nod and a girlish smile planted on her lips as she continued gazing out the window.

"I love it, baby. I'm so glad we got to spend time alone. It's been a minute since it was just us two " She said, feeling his fingertips rub circles on her arms. They decided to spend their last night in Milan alone, leaving the twins with Angelo and Eden. Besides, they needed their time alone to refresh.

Earlier they had went to their respective stores for fittings. The wedding preparations were ongoing and in their final stages. Eden was in charge of everything. Their wedding was going to take place in Venice in the springtime.

"I'm glad too". He murmured, "I'm grateful for the time alone".

"Hmm aren't you too glad? You've been trying to get into my pants for longest time now." She threw him a smirk, making him chuckle.

"Now that we are alone, what you want to do about it?"  He questioned. His touch sending her into a dazed state. She turned around and wrapped her arms around his neck.

She softly pressed her lips against his and gently kissed him. Donovan's hands travelled to her waist, holding her in place as they shared a tendered kiss. Cheyenne pulled back, tugging on her bottom lip while intensively staring at him.

"You can do whatever you want to me." She flirted, taking him in. His tall, burly figure stood before her. His tattoos were all on display against his dark chocolate skin. His beard was finely trimmed, and hair neatly brushed, laying flat on his head in small waves. The plaid pajama pants hanging dangerously low on his hips. Donovan could see her eyes taking him in each second that passed.

"You said that the last time and look where that got you."

"Oh, shut up". She playfully rolled her eyes with a smile on her lips.

"I'm just saying." He shrugged, "You might not be able to handle all this." Confidently, he said.

"I can and I will." Cheyenne quickly replied.

"Matter of fact, take these off." He tugged at her lingerie robe. His hazel green eyes lovingly took her in. She wore a hot pink halter neck two-piece lingerie. Cheyenne stood before him and softly let the robe slip down her arms.

Her toffee-toned skin glistened from the body oil she used prior. Her hair was straightened and held back by a hairclip.

"Why are you wasting time". She whined.